beach shot. CC please

Mcsteller

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Some of my first trys with photoshopping my pics. Any tips and CC is welcomed.
shore1.jpg

personally I think you should have either opened up the aperture more to blur the background completely, or stopped it down to get it all in focus. Probably the latter.

The way it is now, it's halfway in between and is distracting.

This is a tough call. I think more of the foreground in focus would have been better, though fading out of focus too quickly I think would be a poor choice since there isn't a subject in the foreground. The shot is pretty nice, though rather uneventful. Controlling the range of focus can be particularly difficult in 35mm or APS-C.

thanks guys. the lighting today wasnt very great so it was kinda tough gettin the aperature to work with me.

I like it like it is, but my nit pick is the light on the waves. There's just not enough tonal range.
I don't think this photo is a ditch though. Try painting some light into the waves.

I have nothing to say in technical aspects.. but your actual subject.. It's not really catching my eye at all there's nothing that really pops with it.. anyway, just my amateur eye.

i was kinda making the wave in the middle the subject. i tried to capture some of the spash but it is a little more blury than i would like. thanks for the feedback guys.

I'm not seeing blur at all. I'm seeing DOF. DOF is good. :)
I'd love to see some sparkle and tone depth on the waves.

Most reactions

Back