Beach sillouette(I think thats how it's spelled)

Deadeye008

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.hamblinphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
We went to Lake Tahoe last week. I had my wife take this shot of my son and I. It was about 15 min before sunset. C&C welcome! Thanks for looking!:D

IMG_2331copy.jpg

its a beautiful shot, but it could be improved by a crop to get you out of 'the bullseye' and get rid of the empty space.

Like this? I got rid of the bicycle tracks too. Don't know if I can do much about the "glowing crotch"...

IMG_2331a16x20copyweb.jpg

Actually, i do like that better, but you are still in the bulleye position, crop off more of the right side and top....it will just pull the balance to the side a bit. the shining crotch doesnt bother me....but if it irks you, you can just clone it out..

Crop off more. Crop out the boat on the left and the trees on the right, add maybe a little more contrast, and your shot goes from 'good' to 'great'.

Actually that is "silhouette" to be precise.

skieur

The OP WONDERED about the spelling, so why not allow someone to tell him what the correct spelling is? If Skieur had not said so, I would have.

And yes, also I feel it would ask for some further cropping, though I would not crop in from the right, I like how the long shadows start to come out of the bottom right corner. But there sure is too much on the left and also too much sky ... I hope you don't mind I am showing you what I mean:

IMG_2331copy_mycroppingidea.jpg

Both pics (your first shown here and my version that should indicate where I find the cropping might best be) have already been deleted from my computer.

I think the "glowing crotch" is quite funny :D.

Very nice! I liked the original but the newest cropped version is really nice, the shadows pull the subject right to you.. :)

Sweet shot, I prefer the original though; has a sort of freaky, mystical quality to it that is brought out more with the epic size of the shot. As for the sun-crotch, you could ascribe all kinds of allegory to it, like the child next to him is the fruit of his "golden loins". Kind of an absurdist humor to it, which I like...good stuff.

Most reactions

Back