Beach/Urban Photographers

christypaterson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm doing a photography course at school and for this unit we are to replicate the style of a photographer- unfortunately despite there being hundreds of thousands of professional photographers, my choice is narrowed by my lack of transport! Really my only options are to do beach photography or urban landscapes, but I am struggling to find photographers who focus on either of these subjects and have a distinctive style. I think I could also do portraits, but I would need to think of a unique concept- I've thought of projecting background onto the models, or using the timer mode to take candid photos of models who had planned to pose- but these could be quite complicated.

In short: Can you recommend a beach or urban landscape photographer with a distinctive style which I could replicate? Or a portrait photographer with an extremely distinctive style?

Thank you for any help!! : )

google Frank Meadow Sutcliffe, 1800's photographer from whitby, all beach and coastal portraits, fantastic, I did him myself on the same module as you at Abcol in 2002. Also look up Robert Legatt's site, lots of photography history and articles on photo greats. I am included on the FMS page correcting an inconsistency in the story. H

Last edited:
Wow, this is actually perfect! There are many places in Broughty Ferry where I can replicate his style quite easily. Its a shame to hear about the controversy about 'The Water Rats' photographs. Thank you, I am very grateful!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back