beach volleyball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Layering, sure. Sports has depth, go figure. Shoving a great bloody ball in front of someone's face is, well, let's just say that's a subset of the layering technique, and not one that is as widely used.

I'm just gonna let that AP photo tell the story for me, really. That's a fine.. example.

How's about Reuters? http://inapcache.boston.com/universal/site_graphics/blogs/bigpicture/euroaction/bp11.jpg

Getty with an oof ball and a big oof player in the foreground: http://inapcache.boston.com/universal/site_graphics/blogs/bigpicture/euroaction/bp20.jpg

Reuters at it again but with water this time: http://inapcache.boston.com/universal/site_graphics/blogs/bigpicture/oly2012_080212/bp7.jpg

oof birdie, racket and an obscured face: http://inapcache.boston.com/universal/site_graphics/blogs/bigpicture/oly2012_080212/bp92.jpg

Just because you are unfamiliar with examples, and apparently unfamiliar with the work of a lot of sports photographers, doesn't mean you're correct about it not being a widely used technique. It is everywhere. OOF equipment, obscured faces, large oof objects in the foreground.

The ignorant rarely admit that they don't understand. amolitor takes pictures of flowers and has admitted that he doesn't shoot any sports. He has an opinion based on a field of photography that he doesn't understand. He will argue the point to death, regardless of the photos that are presented to him. amolitor, just say, I don't like the photos, and leave it at that, there is no reason for you to try and convince me or anyone else that a key part of the photo doesn't belong.

I enjoyed the whole set with #7 then #2 being my favorites. And I am not bothered by any of the out of focus objects at all in these action shots.

Very nice shots in my opinion. Detractors can say what they will, but sometimes you just don't have a half hour to get things exactly where they need to be for a studio shot. Sports shots have MOTION, something that static photographs do not. You either get the shot that is presented, as it is presented, or miss it entirely. The players aren't going to pose for the photographer until the game is over.

The ignorant rarely admit that they don't understand.

Really? It's me, huh? You're the one who puts photos up, and then fights to the death rather than accept that one of them might not be awesome. Grow a set.

All the examples Hooligan Dan posted just now? Faces clearly visible. I think my point is made.

I'm done here.

The ignorant rarely admit that they don't understand. amolitor takes pictures of flowers and has admitted that he doesn't shoot any sports. He has an opinion based on a field of photography that he doesn't understand. He will argue the point to death, regardless of the photos that are presented to him. amolitor, just say, I don't like the photos, and leave it at that, there is no reason for you to try and convince me or anyone else that a key part of the photo doesn't belong.

...pot,meet kettle

Lets try and keep this within the sprit of the post, which was to share some pictures.

If SI, Reuters, or any other sports photography outlet wishes to comment on these pictures, they are more than welcome to give their professional opinion. lets keep things to our usual civil and non personal discourse please.

Cool action set, I love # 7

The ignorant rarely admit that they don't understand.

Really? It's me, huh? You're the one who puts photos up, and then fights to the death rather than accept that one of them might not be awesome. Grow a set.

All the examples Hooligan Dan posted just now? Faces clearly visible. I think my point is made.

I'm done here.

You've only made one point, that you clearly don't know anything about sports photography, which you have admitted to. Perhaps I'll post a few flower pictures for you to comment on.

You guys are cute and all but...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back