Beach...

Funky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
well, i was hanging out at the beach and i couldnt resist getting into a tight space, i got this shot before i was hit by the wall of water that was coming at me. im glad to say my alpha a100 is ok but the lighting on this shots strange and err any ideas? and

DSC08016.jpg

Nice composition... too dark for my taste.

I can show you an example - may I post an edit of your photo?

Dewey

yeah sure, the reason i didnt lighten it though was i had my iso set something like 800 and it was getting grainy.

Nice shot I think the dark rocks draw me into the picture. The water color is awsome. Good shooting.....

The ISO isn't your problem. It's obvious that the foreground is underexposed because the camera was metering off the background.

i was shooting manually so i dont see how thats possible. but then again you might be right on some level, i posted this picture to get some feedback as to if i should do anything to in in photoshop, it is a dark but does it need to be brightend up?

I am into dark images. This is perfect and could even go a little less gamma and more contrast to make it darker and bold. Nice composition.

thanks, i would like to go back and shoot it from slightly ferther back from where i did, i think it needs a little more sky.

shooting manual doesnt correct where the camera meters from. if the view we see here was the view from your viewfinder when you were metering, the camera was reading the background/brighter waters.

Also, your ISO was low, in fact you were using Lo80, which is meant for showing detail in the shadows.

Hey Funky,

Forgive me if you didn't want your photos edited. It doesn't say so on your profile.

What I did was this. I used my shadow reduction action to lighten the dark areas. Then I selected everything but the sky and bumped up the contrast a little. Then I saturated everything by +16%. I agree... if you make the sky the top 1/3 of the frame and do some of this pp, you have a very nice shot with a lot of nice detail.

cove.jpg

but unless those rocks are covered in oil, you have got some crazy colorization in that edit, and the original for that matter.

So were the oily rocks or just an odd effect from the camera?

but unless those rocks are covered in oil, you have got some crazy colorization in that edit, and the original for that matter.

So were the oily rocks or just an odd effect from the camera?

I didn't shift the colors at all in my edit, other than a little bump in saturation. Those were pulled directly from the image.

I like the colors that came out. Personal preference, of course.

Most reactions

Back