beached boat

meotter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
IMG_3284.jpg

the palm at the top is disstracting and you cant see the bottom of the boat, needs better croping

I guess I would question if the boat was the focus or the flag? If the boat really is the focus, then it would need a little more detail. And I would say that the angle should be a little more down so that you do focus more on the boat.

oh wow, you're right!!! i never noticed that before :) good ol honest abe... wonder if i can sell this picture like the piece of bread that toasted the virgin mary into itself?

as for this image, i have another one, but it's of similar non-focus, with the center of the picture being mostly nothing but ocean. i'll post that one tomorrow and you can tell me if you think it's an improvement or it's equally poor. I agree that there is nothing focused on the picture, but i just kind of liked the way the flag & the boat/beach fill the borders of the pic.

heh, i never noticed the shadow, nice eye!

my suggestions...the crop could use a little work, maybe to lose the palms on the top, because they arent really beneficial to the true subject, and are a bit distracting. unfortunately, if you lose the palms, you lose the flag, and would have to crop it drastically to get those out of the way. a more unique angle would really give this shot some punch, as well as a better compositional focus on the boat itself, as well as exposure (it seems a tad underexposed to me, but that might be from uploading). other than that and an ever so slight tilt to the left, the image is real nice! tranquil, peaceful scene. nice colors too!

here is the other photo i took of the same scene. no cropping necessary to remove the palm trees. however, it's a slightly tighter shot & you lose the bottom of the boat and a smidgen of the flag.

i thought the other pic was better and that the palms added a little something extra to the scene. this one has the same lack of focus in the center though... so any ideas what i could have done around the shot to make it better? i'll provide another angle also so you can see what i originally shot.

IMG_3283.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back