Chris of Arabia

Herding cats since 1988...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm getting a bean bag made up for resting the camera on, so what I need to know is "are all beans made equal"? I'm currently favouring black eyed beans, but should my next convenience store trip be focused on other types of pulse based comestibles? Also, should I be looking towards a particular design/size/weight of bean bag?

>;o))

(can anyone tell it's the weekend and things are a little slow in here?)

what about sand? i feel like if you need to rest the camera on it, although it would be a little heavier, you could more easily compact parts of it to stop motion in the camera...

You can also buy small "bean" bags that are filled with foam pellets. They are a cheap, light camera rest. I saw them at a local camera store and they were only around $10 or so.

JD

If you use real beans, dont let them get wet. I suggest a sealed plastic bag inside the cloth cover. I have always heard sand might migrate and get inside the workings of the lens ect. the plastic pellets seem as though they would be a bit light to me but I have no experience with the. I use navy beans in mine.

Well I'm in Riyadh, so keeping things dry shouldn't (in theory) be an issue and the sand always is, so the more I can keep away from the stuff, the better. I like the plastic pellet idea if I can find anything suitable - I'll perhaps try a craft shop, but in the meantime it look increasingly like black eyed beans in a 1 quart ziplock bag inside some sort of fabric outer.

>;o))

Imitation pearl "costume jewelry" necklaces are great sources as well - if they can be had cheaply enough.

Might be worth it to try aquarium gravel as well. Cheap, and to big to get in the lens

The aquarium gravel is good. You can use a pair of tube socks, one in another, to hold it in.

Don't use real beans if you have to go through customs anywhere.

mike

Most reactions

New Topics

Back