BEAR!!!!!

wildmaven

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
wildmaven.org
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My husband (Jim) and I just came home and found HUGE bear tracks in the snow around our house. The bear had knocked down the shepherd's pole that held the bird feeders and opened up our garbage. I took photos of the tracks and the pole which I'll upload after dinner.

I THOUGHT BEARS HIBERNATED DURING THE WINTER!!!!!!

Photos:

Shows the claw marks well:
track1.jpg

Shows the pads of the foot well:
track2.jpg

For comparison, Jim put his foot, size 10 1/2, next to one of the tracks:
track3.jpg

Bears don't need to hibernate during the winter if they live in the city/next to the city. Food all year round!

My brother is a Ranger, he virtually ignores "Bear calls", it would be a full time job... and thats not his job.

Feed him your first born and he'll disappear. If that doesn't work a sacrafice to the gods may.

Call us again when you have problem with too much BEER.

They hibernate in thewilderness, but it is true, near cites there is no reason to do this. also sometimes they are woken up from hibernation by something or a serious disturbance.

now, get that telephoto lens and good hunting :)

They hibernate in thewilderness, but it is true, near cites there is no reason to do this. also sometimes they are woken up from hibernation by something or a serious disturbance.

now, get that telephoto lens and good hunting :)

I don't live in a city. I'm waaaaaaaaaaay out in the forest. I'm just worried that the recent snowstorm and flooding did something to its den.

Call us again when you have problem with too much BEER.

Hahahhahahah! :lmao: You'll be the first to know!

where i usually live we dont have bears full stop. I know some people who claim to date bears with sore heads though :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back