Bearded Dragon

polymoog

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.polymoog.se
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This species is native to Australia, but we happen to have one at the aquarium in Holmsund as well :)

dragon.jpg

Exif : Borrowed Nikon D80 + Tamron 28-200, wb set to lightbulb, ISO 1600, 1/80 sec, Exposure bias -0.3, F5.6, 70mm.

Lightroom : increase tint and saturation

Photoshop : Cropping, Levels, Noise Reduction, Sharpening (Unsharp Mask), Selective Colour Adjustment, Hue/Saturation, Curves, Image Size

So quite a lot, just to try to get some decent colours and avoid the "haziness" I tend to end up with :roll:

This pic was taken indoors and through glass, and any C&C would be most welcome, both re composition and lighting/colours. :)

If anyone wants to have a go at working on the pic, let me know and I'll post a jpeg of the original image.

BTW does anyone else find that their images visibly change once saved to jpeg ... mine tend to go yellow, which has also happened here :(

BTW does anyone else find that their images visibly change once saved to jpeg ... mine tend to go yellow, which has also happened here
If you find that your images are changing when you save an image...it's probably a color space issue. Check to see what color space you are working in.

Whew, good image! The little horns look soooo sharp, and the head 'stands out' so well against the background with the dof you chose.

If you find that your images are changing when you save an image...it's probably a color space issue. Check to see what color space you are working in.

OK sorry for the n00b warning now, but I am using RGB and 8 bits/channel (that's what it says when I open the pic in Photoshop), should I use CMYK for example?

Whew, good image! The little horns look soooo sharp, and the head 'stands out' so well against the background with the dof you chose.

Thanks, yes I was trying to emphasise that, even though the bg is blurry, I wanted to bring out the colours a bit more but I don' know if I succeeded ...

Most reactions

Back