MarcusM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Recently announced on Canon's website:

New!
Canon 5D now available in a kit with the EF 24-105L IS Lens

B & H has this kit available...The 5D is roughly $2K, the 24-105L is roughly $1K, and the kit is roughly $2700, for a savings of about $300...nice deal for an L lens I would think!

That is a pretty nice deal. If I didn't shoot Nikon, I'd probably spring for that.

But you know what deals mean...something better soon...6D fo' sho'.

hehe, yea, hopefully the 5D will go down in price then! But then of course I'll want to get the replacement...and if I don't I'll forever be reminded when I see it. Oh well, the 5D I think is definitely worth it.

BTW, quite a different avatar photo...wow! Kind of Texas Chainsaw Massacre-ish type! lol...

Not really that new of a deal. Been out for a while. Anyhoo, still a great deal. I have seen it as low as $2600. Maybe Canon clearing some shelf space for a certain upgrade?!?!?!?!?

Not really that new of a deal. Been out for a while. Anyhoo, still a great deal. I have seen it as low as $2600. Maybe Canon clearing some shelf space for a certain upgrade?!?!?!?!?

Really? I just saw it last night for the 1st time on Canon's website, never heard of it before. Guess I missed it til now.

been selling that kit for over a year now here in the UK

My step dad bought that kit probably 8 months ago at a Circuit City. It's nice to have them packaged together.

Hmm, maybe it was UK only thing? Do camera companies ever do that, give the UK, or any of Europe for that matter, a deal they don't give us Americans?

Camera companies have different divisions like USA and Europe. I know that they run almost completely different in their promotions and prices (talked to some pentax people who had inside access)

Hmm, maybe it was UK only thing? Do camera companies ever do that, give the UK, or any of Europe for that matter, a deal they don't give us Americans?

its not uncommon to have deals that are exclusive to say one country or continent.

hey i know this is off topic but does anyone has compared the viewfinder of the 5d against the 1d3?

i love the viewfinder of the 5d because is really BIG is great looks the same of a 35mm film

but i was looking at a comparison and i don't know if it means what i want...

i'll like to have the 1d3 but with the same viewfinder of the 5d... don't know if that's possible since the 1d3 is 1.3x

Model Viewfinder
Canon EOS 5D .71x96%

Canon EOS 1D Mark III .76x100%

the 1d finders are 100% so they may be a bit smaller but you see 100% of the photo you are taking.

the 5D finder is only 96% so if you lined up the edge of a wall in the finder the wall wouldn't be at the edge of the shot.

I find the 1D series viewfinders to be the best for my eyes

Most reactions

New Topics

Back