TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1369990286_98e4fc62c9.jpg

1369990604_6e6e7ca671.jpg

1369989864_2a4629fa1d.jpg

1369089587_f6b6e97040.jpg

I found this child in a park with her father, she got a pair of very beautiful eyes, and they're bright green! I was too shy to ask for a picture, but just as I was about to go home I passed them and father wave at me, apparently interested in my camera :)D). We had a conversation, and I guess the way I kept on glancing at the baby made him ask me if I want to take some pictures.

Take a big guess what my answer was! :> I was so happy, I was throwing curses in my head for almost passing up the opportunity.

But I guess the excitement kind of impaired my ability to think. The last 3 could've been so much better if I level the camera a bit, instead of shooting straight up the baby's nose! Argggg!

Considering the "beautiful" "bright green" eyes you mentioned, you should have shot in colour.

skieur

Your first shot is wondeful! A very personal family portrait... :)

Yeah, I wish I could have seen her green eyes in color too...

Good for you for getting to do it! I know what you mean about throwing the curses around in your head but mine are always for real as i never do change my mind and go for it.
One time you couls almost tell this interesting looking guy in town was dying for me to take his picture and I was dying to take it but I felt stupid so I didn't. When we drove past him later my sister in law took one of his out of the car window and he was putting his hands up like hey come back! haha what a dorky moment!

Anyhow she does have beautiful eyes and her father has so much character! I might have done one from a different angle instead of all from below where she is looking sort of down at you but good job!

Thanks for the comments, guys/gals.

Those are actually transitional expressions. I'll show you what I mean:

1373407484_dc95fd5204.jpg

1373407862_d042e28630.jpg

She wasn't too fond of smiling!
And I didn't bring any toys.

The first one is really good. I like them in black and white, there is something about the texture differences between the dad and baby that speaks volumes to the passage of time, etc. Its a great shot. Did you get his email so you could send him copies? I bet he'd love to have them.

The first one is really good. I like them in black and white, there is something about the texture differences between the dad and baby that speaks volumes to the passage of time, etc. Its a great shot. Did you get his email so you could send him copies? I bet he'd love to have them.
I mailed him several 8.5x11 copies.

Considering the "beautiful" "bright green" eyes you mentioned, you should have shot in colour.

skieur
That seems like a "duh" decision, but the vibrancy of her bright green eyes translate well into black and white.

Your first shot is wondeful! A very personal family portrait... :)

Yeah, I wish I could have seen her green eyes in color too...
Thank you very much, I also like the personal family portrait, but unfortunately it wasn't planned, only framed. I have much to learn about posing.

i love the eyes
Thanks ShaCow, I also love the eyes, but they're all out of focus, except for the first one. You can tell because there are a lot of loss of detail.

Good for you for getting to do it! I know what you mean about throwing the curses around in your head but mine are always for real as i never do change my mind and go for it.
One time you couls almost tell this interesting looking guy in town was dying for me to take his picture and I was dying to take it but I felt stupid so I didn't. When we drove past him later my sister in law took one of his out of the car window and he was putting his hands up like hey come back! haha what a dorky moment!

Anyhow she does have beautiful eyes and her father has so much character! I might have done one from a different angle instead of all from below where she is looking sort of down at you but good job!
Trust me, I'm very shy about asking people for photographs as well, this is like the only time that I actually get to photograph strangers I found appealing.

As for the angles, I will most definitely try different angles next time.

I have not yet gotten the courage to ask people I don't know if I can photograph them. Good for you. Love the datk hair with the bright eyes :) I think that first one is very well done and he looks like such a proud daddy!

Most reactions

Back