Beautiful Eyes

Okay, I was going to do this in a private message to Tantallonrox, but I think I angered more people than just them:
My original post, the first one in this thread after the OP I believe, was posted whilst I was in a terrible mood, I was in a fight with my girlfriend, and I was just being a dick. I'm sorry for my comment, and I'm sorry if it offended you. I simply posted in haste, anger, and it was wrong, stupid, and out of line. And then I tried to justify what I said, which made it far worse, I apologize for that as well. For anyone that I offended with my personal connections to the shot, I'm sorry. For anyone that I offended with any other rude comments that are littered throughout this thread, I'm sorry. I learned a lesson here: Don't post in haste and post in good taste.

I'm sorry Tantallanrox, and I'm sorry everyone I offended.

Way to man up! I have done that too and these are the self inflicted lessons that I learn from the most.

I hope that you and your girlfriend have made up.

Way to man up! I have done that too and these are the self inflicted lessons that I learn from the most.

I hope that you and your girlfriend have made up.

Thanks for being so understanding, this is definitely a lesson I've learnt a lot from.

And to stay relatively on topic, even though I definitely sabotaged this thread, I'm sorry...
I think that the bangs should get moved a little, the lighting should be brought from the front to really show off those eyes, and the light should be concentrated to make the eye area relatively more exposed than the rest of the shot. Just be careful of harsh shadows, and make sure to keep it soft. This is a shot aimed to show off the eyes and not draw attention to sharp skin details or sharp shadows. Keep it bright and keep it soft. Not a bad shot though, the original, by any means. It just doesn't show off those eyes enough.

Number 22 rework is nice. I want to say it is blurry up front, but it works as the focus is on her eyes.

A shot like this is personal. Is there another way to look at it?

Trenton, apology accepted. Don't sweat it. We all have BAD days!! It's what makes us human.

Thanks for the tips on the lighting. Although I'm somewhat limited on them. All I have is work type lights:(

Thanks for being so understanding, this is definitely a lesson I've learnt a lot from.

And to stay relatively on topic, even though I definitely sabotaged this thread, I'm sorry...
I think that the bangs should get moved a little, the lighting should be brought from the front to really show off those eyes, and the light should be concentrated to make the eye area relatively more exposed than the rest of the shot. Just be careful of harsh shadows, and make sure to keep it soft. This is a shot aimed to show off the eyes and not draw attention to sharp skin details or sharp shadows. Keep it bright and keep it soft. Not a bad shot though, the original, by any means. It just doesn't show off those eyes enough.

It's refreshing to see people acting decently on a forum. Thats what sucks about posting, that mood you were in may have come and gone, but the tone of the original post is always the same. It's easy to post a thread and then be kicking yourself ten minutes later.

I've found that, if I post a picture of someone I love, and it gets criticism, I take it more personally than I would if it were a stranger. Since this IS the OP's girlfriend, I wonder if the comments would have been tempered a bit had he stated that from the start. ;)

The reason I asked about the skin around her eye is because I am currently suffering from an allergic reaction around both my eyes and hers looks an awful lot like mine. :)

ok my honest and im not in a abd mood is also a scary type image sorta like shes mean or plays a ruff role in a 80's hairband movie. im sure your others shots of her are not the same but that is my absolute honest vibe.

Awesome eyes! Get her to let you practice more, but maybe in natural light outside. Ask her to pull her hair back so that you can practice getting the eye shots! If she does have skin allergies, you can always retouch her skin in post processing! Good luck. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back