Beautiful girl C&C

SethAlbritton

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Here are the first three shots I edited. It was my second day with flash. Flash is the ****! if you don't have one get one. Any way drop some knowledge. If any of you are flash experts give me some ideas. I was trying to put a light behind her and use it for a rim light, but my flash over heated. If any of you have any thing good to read about flash let me know.
DSC_0212.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

I'd say the first one needs the curves pulled back from the black some. You lose definition in her hair around her face.

The second and third ones are nice, but I feel like the eyes could be quite a bit sharper. Did you sharpen in PP?

I think the quality of the shots are quite good! But I don't like the pose of the first photo. It looks like your model is decapitated... I do really like the colours.

There is a shadow on hair where you say it loses definition. I do not know how to shoot in raw so I can not pull this detail back. As for the back ground, I like it being dark.

As for the model pose... yeah.... not so top notch, but it was the best out of the poses. Something about short girls posing that just doesn't work for me.

For the eyes, I'm not sure if we sharpened them or not. Normally we sharpen somthing extreme, but I do not remember if we did on these. I'll post some more from the shoot tonight and I'll sharpen the eyes. Thanks for the feed back dudes.

Shooting in raw will save you time and time again. This shot was horribly over exposed. However, being that it was a RAW and it had a lot of info I couldn't see, I was able to make it usable (if not good) whereas with a jpg I would have just deleted it.

Shooting jpg with a D90 makes me sad.

In your camera you can shoot both jpeg and raw so just do both. i was new to Raw a couple months ago and its so much easier to work with.

Definitely happy to see someone who is a fan of using flash. And I'd also like to recommend shooting in RAW whenever you can. I love the "Recovery" and "Fill Light" sliders in Adobe...

I like #1, but I'd dodge some of the shadows on her face, particularly the one under her nose, it's a bit too hard. You could also maybe lighten up her neck area a little bit.

#3's great. The only thing I'd do is pull some saturation out of the greens

Also, wow, nice looking girl :sexywink:

Definitely happy to see someone who is a fan of using flash. And I'd also like to recommend shooting in RAW whenever you can. I love the "Recovery" and "Fill Light" sliders in Adobe...

I like #1, but I'd dodge some of the shadows on her face, particularly the one under her nose, it's a bit too hard. You could also maybe lighten up her neck area a little bit.

#3's great. The only thing I'd do is pull some saturation out of the greens

Also, wow, nice looking girl :sexywink:

Good advice, didn't really notice the nose until now.

Great photos! What flash did you get?

Number 2 would have been better as a vertical; the background on the right hand side adds nothing,and if you would have turned the camera you could have included some shoulders for visible means of support to balance out that huge head size.

I'm not really digging the out of focus periphery effect on the third photo,and the eyes in the second and third photos look a bit overworked in some way--just too bright and attention-grabbing. She has very beautiful teeth and lips and nose, and is very symmetrical, which greatly aids in the beauty rankings people assign to such people across many cultures. It's often hard to spot flaws in photo technique if the subject is very striking,and this woman is.

I am using two sb900's and I absolutely love them, I have big plans for what I want to do with them.

I like the second shot. May be a personal opinion, but almost every photoshoot i go to, I shoot that exact shot. head to the left or right with space on the opposite side. I do know what you mean, when you say it's not helping the pic, but it helps me with one more shot to present to the client. Alot of people ask how many shots do i get. I know quality of quantity, but the client doesn't always.

I have plenty of other pictures with her shoulder and head in it. I have a couple of staple compositions I take every time and the head and shoulder is one of them.

As for the eyes being over worked... I can see that, but On face book everyone is always saying man your so great with the eyes. However, Now that you bring it up, I can see what you mean. I think clients like the eyes to be over done as long as they do not not look creepy. But I could take these down and the photo would still look good

After a photo shoot we come home and drink a 24 ounce and then edit, so we probably have worse opinions then.

As for the model pose... yeah.... not so top notch, but it was the best out of the poses. Something about short girls posing that just doesn't work for me.

I think a lot of the posing is the models job as well, although some photographers give lots of directions. But I always like to give the person I'm shooting some room for their own interpretation.

I really like the overall feel of the first photo, the colors of the background and the red hair. I don't mind the darkness of the background. And I think she has really nice eyes!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back