beautiful plant b4 the door to death

kalmkidd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
upping for feed im farely new

Picture021.jpg

I'm sorry to tell you, but I think it's pretty bad. Picture of the bottom of a plant basket, in the middle of the night with some weird type of flash....underexposed and overexposed at the same time...
Uninteresting subject, poor composition, and bad lighting.

I'm gonna ask you though...did you expect positive feedback? I'm just wondering, not trying to be mean...but what is YOUR honest opinion of this picture? To me it looks like back in the day when you had a film camera and you got your prints back and you're like "oops...don't remember taking this one"

(I don't get your name, either?)

I come off as a real jerk in this post, but I assure you I'm not.

Keep trying, and keep uploading lots for us to see. I'm sure you have many great shots.

thanks for the feedback i just showed it to a friend of my fathers whos a photographer and he said for a beginner its a awesome shot so im uppin for more feedback.

I'd agree with Sideburns, but I have high hopes for your next post - go out there and try again!

I'm gonna ask you though...did you expect positive feedback? I'm just wondering, not trying to be mean...but what is YOUR honest opinion of this picture? To me it looks like back in the day when you had a film camera and you got your prints back and you're like "oops...don't remember taking this one"

Sideburns, you clocked on to something. If I remember correct you're just a young lad, however you were able to pick memories. Back in the day, there were so many rolls of film that took forever to take for developing and "Surprise".

The photo in question, however, is not one of those serendipitous occassions. At best, it's a snapshot. Honestly, for this one posted, why bother. I don't mean to envoke ill will, but (as I scroll up and down this thread to make sure the words I type surely express my true and unbiased opinion) this photo is not very good at all.

thanks for the feedback i just showed it to a friend of my fathers whos a photographer and he said for a beginner its a awesome shot so im uppin for more feedback.

That's a shame that he lied to you like that. It's a really bad shot. I mean, the lighting is awful, the composition is snap-shotty, and the subject is mildy uninteresting at best. Let the negative feedback that flows through this thread be motivation to do better, and not a means of deterring you from becoming a better photographer. Everyone starts out sometime, and everyone takes bad shots. Bad shots like the one above.

My friend's mother is a really serious photographer (does a lot of portraits and the such), and she saw some of my stuff that I did a month or so after I got my first camera, which was like eight months ago. She was like, 'It's obvious these were taken by a beginner'. That really sort of upset me, but it motivated me to get some books, learn to take better photos. I still take bad shots, but they aren't AS bad as they were. She actually has some positive feedback these days. Let this bad feedback motivate you KalmKidd. Motivate you.

Most reactions

Back