Beautiful Spain2

Tom24

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
339%3C6%3A2%3B23232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D%3B63%3D4%3B3%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3B7%3A879%3B7ot1lsi

Inside the Cathedral of Sevilla
339%3C6%3A2%3B23232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D%3B63%3D4%3B3%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3B7%3A8%3A234ot1lsi

Inside the ancient walls of La Alhombra - just looked like a good shot
339%3C6%3A2%3B23232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D%3B63%3D4%3B3%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3B7%3A8%3A267ot1lsi

Also on the inside of La Alhombra
339%3C6%3A2%3B23232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D%3B63%3D4%3B3%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3B7%3A8%3A283ot1lsi

The little Spanish town of Mijas

beautiful work!
my favorite is #1- love it in all ways: composition, color sat, contrast, mood; this one's got it all. great job!

tom the first one is impactful powerful photograph... i dig this kinda stuff, you'll probably get heaps more posts adoring that photo ;)

but I am loving number 2 as well, for me it just needs to be lightened up a bit and a bit of a saturation boost. Its almost like an abstract painting and my eyes are very drawn to it. Nice textures there too! though 1 is my fav, 2 ain't far behind! Good work Tom, its great to see your pics here!

Hey nice group of pictures you have here, Tom. The last one would have to be my favorite of the bunch. I like how the clouds interact with the bell tower. The angle you took for this picture is also nice because it forces me to look up where all the action is and not to the ordinary scene in the lower left side. Good work!

harper- very good point (no pun intended) at first i was gonna suggest a free transform to straighten the orientation, but something made me hesitate to say so, cause something in the photo was happenin for me- just didnt know what it was. it was just as you said- angle draws the eye to the clouds.
good call,
and now i appreciate this photo even more

Harpper said:
Hey nice group of pictures you have here, Tom. The last one would have to be my favorite of the bunch. I like how the clouds interact with the bell tower. The angle you took for this picture is also nice because it forces me to look up where all the action is and not to the ordinary scene in the lower left side. Good work!

good point harpper, I missed that one. My nitpick with this one that its a bit dark for me, My prefence would be to see the building gleaming white rather than off grey. But looking at it again, its alot more interesting composition than i first realised.

good work again Tom!

man that 1st one takes the cake
very beautiful did you have to wait for a certain time to take that one or was it there when you walked in?

No question: your No.1 stands out here.

If you know La Alhambra in Granada in South Spain, you will know that your two photos don't represent it. They may have been taken there, and they may express a thing of their own, but they don't show what La Alhambra is or is like.

I go with Mark, the shot of the window is a bit dark.
I like the green leaves in the other, but that's because THAT kind of green is my all time favourite colour.

But I miss to see more of La Alhambra as it is in these. They could have been taken anywhere in South Spain. But that's just me here... no need to listen.

Since I know that the places down there are all painted in bright white, I too would have liked to see a white church against that blue sky with the wonderful clouds, but apparently one of the clouds shrouded the sun when you were there, so... hm. Well. Force majeure. ;)

The first two are the ones that grab me, also. On the second one, I'd cropt that black line off the right and I agree that I would like to see it lightened a little.

On the first one, I would crop it square. The main focus is that wonderful beam of sunlight, but it's a little lost in the size of the image. The columns act as a framing device, but there's still some image left outside that frame. You could come in on each side and still have the columns frame, but the sunbeam would have more prominence.

Really nice work!

markc said:
On the first one, I would crop it square.

I never thought I would say this but I have to disagree with you on that. I just don't see it. :? However, each to his/her own....

Osmer_Toby said:
it was just as you said- angle draws the eye to the clouds.
good call,
and now i appreciate this photo even more
vonnagy said:
good point harpper, I missed that one.
I've noticed that too about other critiques. People point out things that I miss, but that's just the benefit of having a lot of people look at your work. I've learned a lot just by critiquing people's work.

ooo, I missed this whole post! Beautiful images.... my preferences are for #1 for the drama, and 3 and 4 for the interesting compositions.

Nice stuff!! :thumbsup:

Gotta really love that first one.....fantastic!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back