Beautiful toddler... Natural Light... C&C please!

Lacey Anne

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.laceyanne.photoreflect.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Beautiful because she's mine.:heart: All natural light on these, shot outside in my yard. I'm practicing because, quite frankly, I think I stink at using natural light and I want to get better. I'll take harsh C&C gratefully.

#1 (I know I cut off her chin. sigh.)
DSC_0073-2.jpg

DSC_0074-1.jpg

DSC_006501.jpg

#4 (My personal favorite.)
DSC_006502.jpg

I think the 1st ones the best. The second one you didn't nail the DOF, so that one eye thats OOF distracts.

I think the 3rd and the 4th are just a tad off on the exposure. The whites need adjustment because the highlights are blown out.

She kinda looks bored in the last 3, not the best expressions there.

Hope thats all not too harsh. I really LOVE number one, your little one is sooo cute!

I think the 1st ones the best. The second one you didn't nail the DOF, so that one eye thats OOF distracts.

I think the 3rd and the 4th are just a tad off on the exposure. The whites need adjustment because the highlights are blown out.

She kinda looks bored in the last 3, not the best expressions there.

Hope thats all not too harsh. I really LOVE number one, your little one is sooo cute!
Thanks for the c&c. I really appreciate it. She was bored. lol! Momma takes too many photos! :wink:

What a cutie, she has eyes just like my baby D!

I agree her expression is a bit eh...will she look toward you if you make silly sounds or sing a song?? And were I you, I'd turn her so more light is in the eyes. Looks like you have small catchlights but they could be much better. Pic 2 & 3 look a bit over exposed as well.
Not really digging the perspective of #3, it's far to high for my taste.

I love your little set up though, the aged chair, blankie and pillow are just fantastic. Keep goin! You have a fantastic lil subject to work with :)

What a cutie, she has eyes just like my baby D!

I agree her expression is a bit eh...will she look toward you if you make silly sounds or sing a song?? And were I you, I'd turn her so more light is in the eyes. Looks like you have small catchlights but they could be much better. Pic 2 & 3 look a bit over exposed as well.
Not really digging the perspective of #3, it's far to high for my taste.

I love your little set up though, the aged chair, blankie and pillow are just fantastic. Keep goin! You have a fantastic lil subject to work with :)
You know, usually, she will turn towards me but she came down with a fever today so I think she was feeling ill. :( Thanks for the critique and also the compliments. :)

1st of all....BEAUTIFUL child!!!!!

I really, really like #1 and I also like #4.

In #1, I enjoy the color and lighting of her eyes, the blanket, with the chair out of focus in the background. Even with the chin slightly chopped, I think it's a great capture.

In #4 I love, love, love, the composition, especially the way the blanket is wrapped around her, but i agree with a previous poster that the exposure might be a tad bit off.

Since I quite admittedly don't know much (which is why I read here frequently) please take this cc lightly....:wink:

The other thing is that I don't at all mind not having a certain "expression" in a picture....while it is great to capture moments of curiosity and wonder, I sometimes enjoy seeing a moment of normalcy.

I enjoy viewing your pictures!

Sue (mom to 4 boys:D)

1st of all....BEAUTIFUL child!!!!!

I really, really like #1 and I also like #4.

In #1, I enjoy the color and lighting of her eyes, the blanket, with the chair out of focus in the background. Even with the chin slightly chopped, I think it's a great capture.

In #4 I love, love, love, the composition, especially the way the blanket is wrapped around her, but i agree with a previous poster that the exposure might be a tad bit off.

Since I quite admittedly don't know much (which is why I read here frequently) please take this cc lightly....:wink:

The other thing is that I don't at all mind not having a certain "expression" in a picture....while it is great to capture moments of curiosity and wonder, I sometimes enjoy seeing a moment of normalcy.

I enjoy viewing your pictures!

Sue (mom to 4 boys:D)
Aw, thanks. :) The exposure is definately off in the last three. I'm really struggling with not over-exposing my photos while I'm outdoors. These were shot in the shade, but obviously, still over-exposed. I'm going to keep playing with my settings until I figure it out though!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back