BEAUTY FROM WITHIN............

oldnavy170

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a few shots from my new Canon Rebel XTi that came in TODAY.

I know I still need practice.................:wink:

EmilyO1.jpg

Emily07.jpg

Emily05.jpg

Emily04.jpg

nice shots. in the first one maybe a little bit of a smaller aperature so the other eye would be in focus. I am guessing that because you just got an xti that you are making the switch to digital. You should get photoshop or some editing software and play with the levels and contrast in some of these images like the last one. good luck

Actually I have been using digital but this is my first DSLR. I shot all of these in Manual mode because I figure thats the best way I am going to learn. Trial and Error.

I do appreciate your comments. Thank you.

crop off the right side of the first photo to her hair (get rid of the green background) and you have a very solid portrait.

edit: i'd crop it to show you what i mean, but i'm not on my graphics pc atm.

So I went back and cropped it some more and played around more with the exposure. Here is what I came up with: (To be honest I am not happy with the skin tones, I want to get better at that)

EmilyO1_edit.jpg

Actually I have been using digital but this is my first DSLR. I shot all of these in Manual mode because I figure thats the best way I am going to learn. Trial and Error.

I do appreciate your comments. Thank you.

sorry for the mistake. I suppose your ideology of shooting in manual is a decnt one but i like to shoot in shutter priority because i shoot sports and such but doing portraits in manual is nice. good luck

Ah, you have captured your favorite subject again I see, oldnavy. I like all of them very much! :)

About your comment regarding skin tone, it appears that she has naturally fair skin. So, I wouldn't sweat it that much with these photos. They look pretty good. Although, I would recommend shooting in RAW and then processing in RAW, which will give you a lot of flexibility for exposure and white balance.

One thing I do want to mention though is that the few wispy hairs in front of her face in #1 and #2 kind of get in the way and distract from the face. But the contrast and color is very good in all of them, and you sure can tell the difference in quality between what your XTi has produced over your other digital camera.

Overall, very lovely set. Well done. :thumbup:

NJ

I wish I could tell you I have a favorite.. I don't. I love them all. She has beautiful eyes. I love the coolness of the skin.. and the saturation.. NICE JOB!!! Love them.

Ah, you have captured your favorite subject again I see, oldnavy. I like all of them very much! :)

About your comment regarding skin tone, it appears that she has naturally fair skin. So, I wouldn't sweat it that much with these photos. They look pretty good. Although, I would recommend shooting in RAW and then processing in RAW, which will give you a lot of flexibility for exposure and white balance.

One thing I do want to mention though is that the few wispy hairs in front of her face in #1 and #2 kind of get in the way and distract from the face. But the contrast and color is very good in all of them, and you sure can tell the difference in quality between what your XTi has produced over your other digital camera.

Overall, very lovely set. Well done. :thumbup:

NJ

Thanks NJ for the recommendation of using RAW. To be honest I am still afraid to use it.........:) However I do think that will be my next challenge.

Yeah, I know what you mean about the wispy hairs. I did edit a few of them out but its hard to get all of them.

I have to admit that I am completely in LOVE with my new camera!!! :heart:

downloaded some software to this, my friend's laptop (sure he won't mind).

i love the expression. her complexion, natural or not, is very appealing to me. as for the strands of hair, they add a wonderful element of environment and they do aid in keeping the eyes moving around the photo. i don't mind them at all.

in terms of composition, i do believe that there is information on the right that adds nothing to the image. further, eliminating it brings more focus to her and her eyes as the viewer's eyes aren't tempted to explore the 'dead area' to the right.

attached crop:

Attachments

• $EmilyO1a.jpg
    $EmilyO1a.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 77
Well the last one required the least in the area of postprocessing so I did some work on it. Anyone with a good eye that can tell what I did?

skieur

A good "eye", yes. I can see that you sharpened the eyes. Am I correct?

Good. I did several things to the eyes but the sharpening was more to the eye lashes. Among other things, I brightened the eyes and took the red out of them.

skieur

Most reactions

New Topics

Back