TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

3806828629_5abf54665c_o.jpg

3807644432_3dfb3d37fe_o.jpg

3806828101_d5d5baac8a_o.jpg

3806827895_71a3d1ea3e_o.jpg

First time photographing butterflies :), tell me what you think!

1. It looks like the focus in this one is on the very front edge of the wings, but its the background that really detracts from the photo. If you could either crop it tighter, or clone out the bright green leaf on the left, it would really help the image.

2. Again your focus seems soft to me, and there is too much dead space on the left.

3.Better dof - to get entire butterfly in focus and the color seems a bit flat. Because of the bright red flower in the background and the pink in the buttefly, I think this would also benifit from a tighter crop.

4. You've got abetter background in this one, but the focus is still off. Focus seems to be on the foreground leg thats over the leaf.

Over all though, these aren't bad for a first try. :) Just watch your backgrounds and dof -get as much of the butterfly in sharp focus as possible.

1. It looks like the focus in this one is on the very front edge of the wings, but its the background that really detracts from the photo. If you could either crop it tighter, or clone out the bright green leaf on the left, it would really help the image.

2. Again your focus seems soft to me, and there is too much dead space on the left.

3.Better dof - to get entire butterfly in focus and the color seems a bit flat. Because of the bright red flower in the background and the pink in the buttefly, I think this would also benifit from a tighter crop.

4. You've got abetter background in this one, but the focus is still off. Focus seems to be on the foreground leg thats over the leaf.

Over all though, these aren't bad for a first try. :) Just watch your backgrounds and dof -get as much of the butterfly in sharp focus as possible.
Thanks for the comment and the critique dagwood :), it was helpful.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back