Beauty Portraits: Attitude!

Zeckson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here, I have done something very different and I am terribly proud of this set of images I've worked on. The person featured in my images is my close friend here in Bangkok. His name is "Bee".

Bee has a very strange character. Most people will find him very stuck up and very arrogant. He doesn't care about the feelings of others when he speaks. Direct and sharp, he will punch through your defenses and cut right through your feelings. But towards me, he is one of the best friends I ever had in my life. Deep inside his arrogant and stuck looks, Bee is a very caring friend. He is right there when you need help, especially if you have feelings to utter. Bee will always buy cans of beer and cigarettes and will just sit there hearing you sulk your sorrows while he gulps down beers, plays his guitar and smokes his sticks...

Well... I am very grateful having such a friend although many people whom didn't know Bee well will get turned off by his attitude. Yes, attitude and this shoot all about attitude. I am portraying Bee's character through my images. See if you can grasp a slight glimpse of Bee's wrath!

Pic 01:

40e21d7f.jpg

Pic 02:

dba824a1.jpg

Pic 03:

3cb16b24.jpg

Pic 04:

d0b1b9a0.jpg

Pic 05:

6bf6514c.jpg

Pic 06:

599990b2.jpg

Pic 07:

95639758.jpg

Pic 08:

47b2a51b.jpg

Pic 09:

7679a2ec.jpg

Pic 10:

72796016.jpg

Pic 11:

3b88ffdd.jpg

Pic 12:

32120ddc.jpg

Pic 13:

3130281c.jpg

Pic 14:

96e18db7.jpg

Pic 15:

6355b5c8.jpg

Pic 16:

908fe92c.jpg

Pic 17:

5387f6d4.jpg

Pic 18:

cb0cb7ca.jpg

Pic 19:

15061056.jpg

Pic 20:

c8a980d6.jpg

Well... That's Bee for you. Thank you for viewing my pictures. I am very proud of this set. Bee was extremely happy with his photos! :D

i think you have a very good set here i dont know if i like the cigarette pack in his tank top thought. i personally think cigarettes add a little edginess*(sp) but i dont know how i like both of the smokes in his mouth 11, 14, 19 are my favourites you should try to crop or clone out those water damage spots on the ceiling tiles.

What was your lighting set up

i think you have a very good set here i dont know if i like the cigarette pack in his tank top thought. i personally think cigarettes add a little edginess*(sp) but i dont know how i like both of the smokes in his mouth 11, 14, 19 are my favourites you should try to crop or clone out those water damage spots on the ceiling tiles.

What was your lighting set up

1. 1 Key Light top down, SB-600 with umbrella
  2. 1 side light levelled, SB-600 with self made snoot on Lightsphere II
  3. 2 flood lights hitting back of wall behind me, SB-600s aimmed at corners
  4. 1 direct frontal fill light, SB-800 mounted on D80

By the way, I move my lights around for different shots at different angles. :)

that is quit a bit of lighting i like it your other post has some nice lighting as well good job

To me the cigarettes in his mouth and pack in his shirt are distracting. My eye is drawn to a broken & unlit cigarette instead of everything else. Hes got the look and you do a great job with lighting and angles to get across the point.

That said, I think you could use a lit cigarette and the smoke from it with the lighting to make some cool shots.

Love the poses & lighting, great shots, just dont care for the cigarettes.

awesome pictures. The lighting looks really good. One day I hope to have that equipment. My only critique: i REALLY don't get the broken cigarettes. i would love these if they were 1. not broken and 2. lit.

My only critique: i REALLY don't get the broken cigarettes. i would love these if they were 1. not broken and 2. lit.

I'm going to second this, IMO the unlit cigarettes take away from the attitude that you're going for.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back