Beauty Portraits: Celestina Tiew @ Punggol

I would like to obtain some opinions to the overall presentation of the images here.

• Not bad, can do better and I definitely have seen better.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Wow....as always these are amazing.

I don't know who voted "Don't waste my time!"... These photos are incredible! So yes, wow - and then some more wow, with a wow dessert.

edit: Also, I been to your flickr site. I can't believe you don't do this professionally! :camera:

Last edited:
I don't know who voted "Don't waste my time!"...

that info is available by viewing the poll results, and clicking on the number of votes...the list of voters will be visible. i'm also not sure why that person voted that way.

maybe some constructive criticism would be in order...

Awesome as always. Always look forward to your work. Only nit pick is in #2 and #3 her skin tones seems a bit washed out imho. Think this is due to the spot of white from the sky right next to her in these two shots.

it is all jungle and the goddess...a think u shd have few colourful dresses...this cud change her mood of the face, otherwise repetition is in many...the model is beautiful. ur exposures are too good.

Thanks all that have commented. Yeah, I was wondering what could be so wrong in my images that it warrants a "Don't waste my time" status. I would appreciate if I could get some valuable criticism from this person. Perhaps he/she might be a professional portrait photographer that had done countless assignments. I would like to pick up a few pointers from this person so as to improve. :)

I do not think I have ever seen as many lines of as such distracting copyright and self promotional information as your pictures have. The text overlay really distracts from the images,especially where it appears much lighter than the background, or where the text overlay covers large portions of the model's clothing or the body, like on frames 9,10,and 11.

I do not think I have ever seen as many lines of as such distracting copyright and self promotional information as your pictures have. The text overlay really distracts from the images,especially where it appears much lighter than the background, or where the text overlay covers large portions of the model's clothing or the body, like on frames 9,10,and 11.

Ditto. The text is legally redundant. Putting a simple © <year> <name> would suffice. That alone says that you're claiming copyright and the rest is just legalese fluff that shouldn't be in the image itself.

That, and on top of it there's a logo and email address. The email is, well, redundant. If someone really wants to contact you, they can look up your name or your Flickr profile. The logo, of all things, is coloured. In every image that colour serves as a gigantic distraction.

Ditto. The text is legally redundant. Putting a simple © <year> <name> would suffice. That alone says that you're claiming copyright and the rest is just legalese fluff that shouldn't be in the image itself.

That, and on top of it there's a logo and email address. The email is, well, redundant. If someone really wants to contact you, they can look up your name or your Flickr profile. The logo, of all things, is coloured. In every image that colour serves as a gigantic distraction.

Thank you both for your comments. In the country I am working in, BIG copyright notice is advisable. Not only they are to claim copyrights but also serve as a distraction to discourage image leeching from the Internet. People can simple download the images and say it is produced by them. Big copyright notices forbids them to crop away the notice. Also, I want to put the email there. People here do not work the same way as the both of you do. To you, they are redundant. To people in the country I am working in, they mean a lot. So please refrain from making your own judgement on them.

Of course, one can argue back saying why I choose to place my BIG notice at the corner and not anywhere else if the purpose is to stop leeching? Well, putting them anywhere else in the photo will really distract your attention away from the face. The current position is what I deem best.

In addition, just try to ignore the copyright notices and appreciate the photo. Please don't tell me that you cannot even appreciate the works or criticize them because there is a big copyright notice "blocking" your view. I would prefer comments that shows appreciation or comments that help me improve from where I am and not on some small things like what you both mentioned on your posts. If customers really want my images, they can contact me for the real high resolution images. Anyway, just accept the posted images as they are.

Alternatively, if you do not have anything to comment or do not wish to comment, you have to freedom to close the window and move on. The freedom is yours. Over here, I have the freedom of using big copyright notices on my images as the owner of the images and the thread starter.

But I still thank you for taking time to write such lengths. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back