Beauty Portraits: Jean @ Imm Fusion Sukhumvit

Zeckson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is the last set of images done from my Made In Thailand Boot Camp held in early September 2009.

The model featured here is one of the best models I have ever shot since I took up portrait photography. Her name is Jean. She's a Thai. When I was conceptualizing my Boot Camp, Jean was the first to come into my mind when selecting models. There's just something about Jean that I like a lot. Not sure if it is her professionalism in modelling or her cute little girlish voice. But all I know is that every time I shoot Jean, I always end up smiling at the end of the session.

Jean is no beginner when it comes to behaving in front of the camera. Packed within her beautifully shaped body are vast experiences from years of training and catwalking! She's only 24 as of the year 2009 but she is already carrying varies titles on her back! The latest is being Miss Photogenic in FHM Thailand Girls Next Door 2009 Competition!

Total: 20 images

Pic 01:

20090906-Jean-800x531-02.jpg

Pic 02:

20090906-Jean-800x531-04.jpg

Pic 03:

20090906-Jean-800x531-05.jpg

Pic 04:

20090906-Jean-800x531-07.jpg

Pic 05:

20090906-Jean-800x531-08.jpg

Pic 06:

20090906-Jean-800x531-14.jpg

Pic 07:

20090906-Jean-800x531-15.jpg

Pic 08:

20090906-Jean-800x531-17.jpg

Pic 09:

20090906-Jean-800x531-18.jpg

Pic 10:

20090906-Jean-800x531-19.jpg

Pic 11:

20090906-Jean-800x531-20.jpg

Pic 12:

20090906-Jean-800x531-21.jpg

Pic 13:

20090906-Jean-800x531-22.jpg

Pic 14:

20090906-Jean-800x531-23.jpg

Pic 15:

20090906-Jean-800x531-24.jpg

Pic 16:

20090906-Jean-800x531-25.jpg

Pic 17:

20090906-Jean-800x531-26.jpg

Pic 18:

20090906-Jean-800x531-27.jpg

Pic 19:

20090906-Jean-800x531-29.jpg

Pic 20:

20090906-Jean-800x531-30.jpg

Phenomenal. I think your work is a rarity of greatness. Great costume and location. My favorite pic is #20. ;)

Great job but some (or most) make her look like a cartoon. There seems like her skin is fake and there is too much PP

Phenomenal. I think your work is a rarity of greatness. Great costume and location. My favorite pic is #20. ;)

Great job but some (or most) make her look like a cartoon. There seems like her skin is fake and there is too much PP

I am kind of battling the skin retouch as well. Other then that I love the style and light in these.

Love & Bass

Thank you all for your comments.

i am praise for all and feel few sans emotions...
#16 is beautifully sensuous...
#17 i feel she is angry with the viewer...a horrifying face.

u do lot of fashion/modelling.....how much emotions count? suppose 100 shots with same facial expressions.

even on ramp walking, many models look annoying.

i feel smile is not allowed....

last face is good and pp on chest is an experiment.

selfupp
photogroups
[email protected]

Man your work is fantastic. Keep it up. I especially like pic 9 it's awesome. Could you shed some light on your PP techniques. I'm sure there would be a few people on here that would be interested as well.

Cheers,

S

i am praise for all and feel few sans emotions...
#16 is beautifully sensuous...
#17 i feel she is angry with the viewer...a horrifying face.

u do lot of fashion/modelling.....how much emotions count? suppose 100 shots with same facial expressions.

even on ramp walking, many models look annoying.

i feel smile is not allowed....

last face is good and pp on chest is an experiment.

selfupp
photogroups
[email protected]

Thanks for your comments. I don't know also. It seems like professional models all have this angry look or cool look. I guess it could be showing the confidence they are portraying. Or maybe it is the expressionless look?

In fashion photography, we want to showcase the products (dress, bags, accessories, etc.) more than the model. By having an expressionless face, viewers will not be interested in the model's look as compared to paying more attention to the products featured.

My opinion. :)

Man your work is fantastic. Keep it up. I especially like pic 9 it's awesome. Could you shed some light on your PP techniques. I'm sure there would be a few people on here that would be interested as well.

Cheers,

S

Thanks for your comments. Sure, what I did on post processing was:

1. Adjust global color, contrast and exposure corrections using Adobe Camera RAW and Levels tool.
  2. Perform shape adjustments using Liquify tool.
  3. Enhance tonality of skin by adding a Soft Light on the Blue Channel using Blend Modes.
  4. Remove all skin blemishes using Healing Brush, Clone Stamp and Patch tools.
  5. Even out skin colors using Clone Stamp tool.
  6. Enhance image details using Lucis Art.
  7. Reduce noise using Noiseware Professional.
  8. Smooth skin using Portraiture.
  9. Add noise texture to skin using Noise tool.
  10. Dodge and Burn on skin.
  11. Add vignetting.
  12. Smart Sharpen.

All of the above techniques were used in smart combination of layers, masks, selections and opacity.

Cheers,

S

1. Adjust global color, contrast and exposure corrections using Adobe Camera RAW and Levels tool.
  3. Enhance tonality of skin by adding a Soft Light on the Blue Channel using Blend Modes.
  11. Add vignetting.
  12. Smart Sharpen.
All of the above techniques were used in smart combination of layers, masks, selections and opacity.

Wow that's alot of PP work. Did you ever get the make-up artist to retouch her during transitions?

The thing is if your objective is to have the focus on the clothes and accessories, I think the finish in her skin seems to over power that. She seems to have smooth skin as it is and I personally wouldn't perform that much PP(just my taste).

Although the lighting and the composition are great. Keep it up :D

Cheers,

S

11. Add vignetting.
  12. Smart Sharpen.

Wow that's alot of PP work. Did you ever get the make-up artist to retouch her during transitions?

The thing is if your objective is to have the focus on the clothes and accessories, I think the finish in her skin seems to over power that. She seems to have smooth skin as it is and I personally wouldn't perform that much PP(just my taste).

Although the lighting and the composition are great. Keep it up :D

Thanks for your comments. Yes, the make-up artist retouched her from time to time through out the shoot. Anyway, I want to do a mix of fashion and glamour photography. So the skin is pretty important to me as well. Well, I cannot please everyone with my images, at least I am doing what I like to do. :)

thanks, in reply to my comments that expressionless face may help in product photography has weight....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back