Beauty Portraits: Zia @ Rama 8 Bridge (Made In Thailand Boot Camp Session 1)

Zeckson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is the first set of many more to come from my Made In Thailand Boot Camp held in September 2009.

I have chosen one of my friends to be our photo model for this session. The basic idea of this set is to allow participants practise night portraits with multiple strobes lighting. I have chosen this location because not only it is one of the major monuments in Bangkok, it is also beautiful at night with its splendid illuminated suspension steel tensiles. Although all seems to be great that night, we did not get much shots done cos it started raining just when we were warmed up for some serious posing and shots. In the end, we all had to pack up and run for cover...

Have to apologize to the participants for not getting good shots that night... :(

Pic 01:

20090904-Zia-800x531-01.jpg

Pic 02:

20090904-Zia-800x531-02.jpg

Pic 03:

20090904-Zia-800x531-03.jpg

Pic 04:

20090904-Zia-800x531-07.jpg

Pic 05:

20090904-Zia-800x531-09.jpg

Thank you for viewing my images. Have to apologize to the participants that night for not able to get good shots. We could have done more if not for the damn rain...

Shot #3 is really nice. Awesome glow and back light on the hair.

My thoughts also..... I think #3 is great !!

Thanks for posting them.....

#4 Her armpit looks gross, really gross. Is this because of the horrible lighting ?

The light seems a bit harsh in most of them, but I still like them, especially #3. :thumbup::D

In #1 there is a shadow of the eyelashes on the bridge of the nose. I've never seen that before, and it is really a beautiful detail.

The light seems a bit harsh in most of them, but I still like them, especially #3. :thumbup::D

Agree with you on the harsh lighting. Should have used some flash diffusers along with the flashes but I only had a shoot-through umbrella with me that time... :(

In #1 there is a shadow of the eyelashes on the bridge of the nose. I've never seen that before, and it is really a beautiful detail.

Ha ha ha. Is that good or bad? Wanna hear opinions about that shadow there and all other places.

I wondered if it is really possible to haul in those studio strobes with big octogonal soft boxes for outdoor shoot like this? I will have power issues cos there will be no AC power sockets to power the studio strobes. Bringing a generator out to this place is seriously out of the question cos we had to cross the bridge railings to the walkway and traffic was pretty fast. Don't think we could stop our car to unload... Portable batteries I also did not have any... Hmm...

#4 Her armpit looks gross, really gross. Is this because of the horrible lighting ?

Wow... Really that bad? So what do you suggest I do?

Ha ha ha. Is that good or bad? Wanna hear opinions about that shadow there and all other places.

I wondered if it is really possible to haul in those studio strobes with big octogonal soft boxes for outdoor shoot like this? I will have power issues cos there will be no AC power sockets to power the studio strobes. Bringing a generator out to this place is seriously out of the question cos we had to cross the bridge railings to the walkway and traffic was pretty fast. Don't think we could stop our car to unload... Portable batteries I also did not have any... Hmm...

Well in image #3 her arm is covering her armpit, this is good for this particular model! You say you used a umbrella, I wasn't there but maybe I'd loose the umbrella and play around with the speedlight on it's own.

Generators ? Batteries ? Why not go with the Alien Bee's ? From lighting video's I've watched they look pretty portable. Did you have an assistant with you or did your customers help you carry your stuff ?

[/QUOTE]Well in image #3 her arm is covering her armpit, this is good for this particular model! You say you used a umbrella, I wasn't there but maybe I'd loose the umbrella and play around with the speedlight on it's own.

Generators ? Batteries ? Why not go with the Alien Bee's ? From lighting video's I've watched they look pretty portable. Did you have an assistant with you or did your customers help you carry your stuff ?[/QUOTE]

It was difficult maintaining the umbrella onto the light stand because the wind often blew it down. At certain angles or shots, I shot without the umbrella. Alien Bees? We don't have it here in Thailand. And like I said, it'll be quite difficult to carry things over the railing fence at where we stopped. There were traffic police around.

Most reactions

Back