Beauty Shoot for "Citizen K" Magazine "How Did I Do It?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just clicked on your link and it came up with a 404 error. You may want to check into it...
The thread is from 2009 by a banned poster. Next time you respond to a thread you may want to check into it.......first. :lol::lmao::lol::lmao::mrgreen:

That's because you revived a thread from 2009. The article referenced is long gone by now.

I was unaware that benjikan had been banned...

Derrel said:

Apparently TPF doesn't like when working professional fashion photographers post on websites. Puppies and out of focus children with cupcake crumbs on their faces are much more appealing.

1 guess who dropped the ban hammer?

why the **** this guy was banned? this guy is probably one of the best photographer who ever posted on this forum...i am following his work for a long time and i was not even aware he was here.. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Derrel said:

Apparently TPF doesn't like when working professional fashion photographers post on websites. Puppies and out of focus children with cupcake crumbs on their faces are much more appealing.

1 guess who dropped the ban hammer?

main reason why i follow fredmiranda alot more.

why the **** this guy was banned? this guy is probably one of the best photographer who ever posted on this forum...i am following his work for a long time and i was not even aware he was here...the admin who banned him should be fired lol

he was probably being rude and arrogant.

the real question should be, why am I not banned?

unpopular said:
he was probably being rude and arrogant.

Nah. I follow him on other forums. I've seen him keep pretty cool under fire.

I'd wager the public reason is he pushed his website too much. The irony is this isn't some newb looking for an SEO bump. He shoots for every major publication like on a monthly basis. He wasn't a 1 post and run, either.

I'm beginning to think the admin loves keeping this place as a beginners site as it keeps the site at the top of Le Google. Let the frosting covered faces and flower shots rain from the sky!

Meanwhile, we have cutters and blatant spammers running amok in this place. Lol.

Last edited:
Yes. He pushed his web site to much.

7 months ago, after a senior moderator reported a renewal of complaints from members that the OP's posts were SPAM, Admin/Staff discussed the OP's status over a 7 week period.
According to other senior moderators, questions regarding the OP's status had been raised by members/mods/staff previously.
The length of the discussion (7 weeks) was in large part due to the infrequent posting habits of the OP.

During that 7 week period TPF administration (not mods) removed a couple of the OP's threads, and attempted to open a dialog by PM with the OP regarding the issue. The OP never responded to the administrations actions or queries, though the OP was active on the forums during that period and had the opportunity to respond.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, we have cutters and blatant spammers running amok in this place. Lol.

I was unaware that this was the case. In fact spam generally spends a very short time on the site when it gets past the filters. The combination of the moderation team and the input of users reporting spam means that its normally removed very quickly. We also take steps to reduce certain kinds of spam including locking of threads which often attract extra spam attention (a specific example being threads talking about data recovery).

As for the other comments, KmH has already answered that the reason for this members removal was an inability to come to an arrangement with the site administration with regard to the actions of the member being primarily to promote his own website on the forums.

The comments on the "skill level" of the site and on some random statment that we try to remove members of a certain skill level are, honestly, insulting. The forums have always been geared toward education and helping of new photographers right from the early days of its creation. This is why the site ranks so well on Google and also why we take action to try and promote and encourage the education and advance of fellow photographers (be they hobbyists, aspiring pros or anything else). It's also why we have multiple skilled and experienced photographers (again some are hobbyists and some are current or ex-professionals) who are willing to take hours of their day to reply to the queries and questions of fellow members.

We are also always willing to try and accommodate photographers of all skill levels through the site and the Feedback section is always there for users to suggest their own ideas as to how we can better serve the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back