Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Let me know what you think!

4b313cb0e6404.jpg

4b313c96a1432.jpg

4b313c0fd8b36.jpg

Josh

Last edited:
I really like the idea but they seem a little dark?

Yea, too underexposed. I see your vision though.

They are a bit underexposed and the light doesn't seem to have impact. Did you have some off camera flash on these?

They are a bit underexposed and the light doesn't seem to have impact. Did you have some off camera flash on these?

What do you mean the light doesn't seem to have impact?

Also how come you don't think the underexposed works here? I think it sets the mood of the picture more. If i have everything in correct exposure it does not convey the same emotion as this does here.

Josh

Hi Josh,
No worries. I'm just used to more drama light. But my way isn't the highway.

Are the lights
One: behind you
Two: way off on the right, parallell? (or however you spell that)

Im just having trouble figuring the lighting ratio out.
Love Ya!

Only 2 lights... one camera right and one camera left behind the model to light the background. There is only one light on the model.

Josh

It was just for the fun of it. And I was kind of going for some type of Calvin Kline look... not exactly but something somewhat similar.

Josh

Cool.

Keep in mind that Calvin Klein ads and fashion in general are selling a feeling.

Concentrate on the light falling on and off the model and her features. I like the mood and the style, but the light seems a little a directionless.

Try setting the light with no modifiers. Look at the shadows and highlights it makes. Look at the areas that are accentuated and the shapes it produces. Then add modifiers or additional lights and bounce cards to produce the effect you want.

Love & Bass

Good idea, next time try a longer exposure and use a fill light on the other side of the model's face so that your lighting ratios aren't so huge

Good idea, next time try a longer exposure and use a fill light on the other side of the model's face so that your lighting ratios aren't so huge

ditto that.

You can stay underexposed with the fill light, but as she said, the ratio will smooth out. I like the pictures underexposed, just seems like the shadows are a bit harsh. Good job straying from the norm though.

Most reactions

Back