Beauty

StreetShark

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Heres a shot I took a while ago and IMO one of my best. Every worked out perfect although I would have taken the shot from more to the side if I had my time back.

Shutter Speed: 1/776 second
F Number: F/3.7
Focal Length: 63 mm
ISO Speed: 80
Date Picture Taken: Aug 25, 2006

100_0281.jpg

Its a little bown out in the center of the flower.

And no offense, but if I've seen one shot like this, I've seen a million shots like this. It has good comp, and I like the DOF but it's not very original.

And no offense, but if I've seen one shot like this, I've seen a million shots like this. It has good comp, and I like the DOF but it's not very original.

Agreed once again. You really aren't doing anything new at all with this shot, that's not to say that it's not a good picture though. It's just, nothing stands out about it. It's tough to make an original shot with flowers.

I know and I understand that. I have a version of the same flower with a bee on it I posted a few days ago in the gallery section that's a little different but yea I understand what you mean though I have seen some unique angles and styles of shooting flowers.

wow...way to tag team...

anyways, its not all that blown out (check the histogram). on to critique, though not 100% original, i still think its a very nice shot. the white stick in the background is a bit distracting, but since the backgrounds so blurry, the option of stamping is in the cards. good usage of the rule of thirds, but the flower center is faced out of the page(to the upper left corner). i think you already mentioned this, but i would have moved a step to the left to make the flower facing the rest of the picture...im not sure if that made much sense...but if it didnt, just let me know and ill mspaint you a picture >_<

very crisp focus. i like that i can see all the subtle creases in the flower petals. iz niiize. high five :thumbup:

Do people look at histograms before they look at the photos? So what if it's blown out? The brightness looks great, and I doubt there's much detail missing from the white part of the petals anyway. I only find blown highlights a problem if they plainly blow away something important or if the transition from detail to highlights is too sharp to look natural.

The white stick or leaf in the background could have gone though. It keeps catching my eye.

i agree this type of photo is overused and there is nothing about it that stands out to me.

Sorry if I was too critical, I'm just mad because there's still too much snow up here in Maine ;)

The image has just been done too many times before. I'm not sure how to make a flower interesting these days. Try perhaps shooting at night, and playing with some selective lighting on flowers, that can be very interesting. And it'd definitely be a unique approach to shooting flowers. Or maybe try shooting flowers on cloudy days so you won't get too harsh of light on the edges and centers of flowers. See what you can do to make your shots of flowers new and fresh. Good luck :)

Most reactions

Back