Bec from Australia.

pawparazzi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and live in Sunny Brisbane, Australia.
I have a question please. I am trying to work out the name of a special effect that can be done in the editing process please. It is where you cut out an image and place onto a new background, but when it goes on the new backround, it appears behind parts of new background. For example, it looks like baby is inside clouds and not just pasted on top, blades of grass and flowers are infront of child, and baby is sitting inside pot or washing basket. I know how to cut and paste child but not make it look like inside or behind. I have searched tutorials, but dont find anything because I dont know what to search for.
thankyou so much.
Bec:D

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and live in Sunny Brisbane, Australia.
I have a question please. I am trying to work out the name of a special effect that can be done in the editing process please. It is where you cut out an image and place onto a new background, but when it goes on the new backround, it appears behind parts of new background. For example, it looks like baby is inside clouds and not just pasted on top, blades of grass and flowers are infront of child, and baby is sitting inside pot or washing basket. I know how to cut and paste child but not make it look like inside or behind. I have searched tutorials, but dont find anything because I dont know what to search for.
thankyou so much.
Bec:D

Welcome. That can be done lots of ways. Probably the best way is to copy your background layer, place it above your "baby photo", make a layer mask for that that layer, fill the layer mask with black (which hides everything), use your brush tool set to white with a low opacity to go back onto the layer mask and "paint in" the areas you want to show in front of your "baby/dog/bigtoe.

If that doesn't make sense, feel free to ask more questions.

Thankyou for that. I am working in corel paint, will it work the same way there?

Thankyou for that. I am working in corel paint, will it work the same way there?

Oh, sorry. I assumed you were using photoshop. I don't know the specifics of corel, but I'm sure there's a similar technique.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back