Becca's senior photos

fstop23

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.stefaniecannonphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are some of my sister's senior photos. She only wanted headshots. Enjoy!

becca2.jpg

becca3.jpg

becca4.jpg

becca5.jpg

becca6.jpg

I know the color is weird in #3, she had a lot of blue casts from being in the shadow, and I tried to fix it up a bit in photoshop. I still like it regardless...I call it her "Tyra" pose.

They are severely underexposed, the lighting (or lack there of) is very flat, and they seem rather soft or out of focus. For the most part, th expressions are good. Keep at it!

I like number 2 best, nice lighting on her face.

You have varied ratios of light and shade on 2, 3 and 5. These hot spots take away from the focus on your subject. You can get creative with hot spots by placing them on certain focal points however when hot spots aren't used as so they work against you. I use a lastolite tri-grip diffuser when I'm shooting natural light to get rid of these...kinda pricey but works wonders b/c it can also used for a bunch of other things(Windbreaker, fan, reflector, flashlight diffuser..etc etc).

#1 is my favourite.

Good start! I think #1 is my favorite out of all of them. Lighting looks the best there.

I also agree... watch out for hot spots! They do wonders to a photo... unfortunately most of the time in a negative way.

Keep it up though!

Josh

Crops are to tight model looks stiff. Lighting is inconsistent.
Some type of softening appears to have been used, went just a bit to far with it.
Composition is weak, subject is centered in every shot.
Try to engage the subject more and try to get some more natural poses/expressions.
Very pretty young lady, good effort, but some things to work on.
Keep shooting!

I actually really like them! I love #4. Her hair is amazing too!

Thanks for all of the imput. This was a very rushed shoot, I only had my camera and the natural light outside. I personally think n.2 is the most successful, its more dynamic than the other poses and she seems the most relaxed. I would have liked to be more creative, but my sister only wanted headshots, and we were very pressed for time (and she was severely pressing my patience).
I did soften the photos in photoshop, but erased the softening on the eyes, mouth and jewelry. I'll be more cautious in the future to not over-do it.
Thanks again everyone!

Crops are to tight model looks stiff. Lighting is inconsistent.
Some type of softening appears to have been used, went just a bit to far with it.
Composition is weak, subject is centered in every shot.
Try to engage the subject more and try to get some more natural poses/expressions.
Very pretty young lady, good effort, but some things to work on.
Keep shooting!

I agree.
Oh, I see this is your sister! Family members are always hard to photograph.
Keep at it though. You are on the right track.
Next time around, put the subject in solid shade.....or flat out light using the sunny sixteen. :) Eyeball the light. If you see hotspots or "dappling", your camera will too.
Best to ya!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back