Becoming an 'artist'

you guys shouldn't listen to me anyway. You realize what i even look like walking through a gallery? People usually don't even talk to me and just move out of the way and speak quietly amongst themselves.
I get that. Maybe you should hire somebody to be your agent. You don't step foot inside a gallery, let your agent do all the people stuff.
And to really cement your ar-teest reputation, you have your agent do the art too!
naaaaaa. Just don't worry about any of it. It is what it is. Doesn't matter.

hey. If you were going to be a artist what is the best shoes to wear? Footwear seems critically important.

Well, if you're really going to be an arteeest, I submit that barefoot is the way to go. Even in winter. Especially in winter. Now that's serious arteeest cred.

(oh, and you will have to wash the crud out of your toes every night, but every arteeest has to make sacrifices. This is to compensate for the happy childhood you had, and the freedom from want that you lived with too long. Now you have to suffer for your art. And it has to show.)

Well, if you're really going to be an arteeest, I submit that barefoot is the way to go. Even in winter. Especially in winter. Now that's serious arteeest cred.

(oh, and you will have to wash the crud out of your toes every night, but every arteeest has to make sacrifices. This is to compensate for the happy childhood you had, and the freedom from want that you lived with too long. Now you have to suffer for your art. And it has to show.)
In the winter you can get away with Birkenstocks and long wool socks, in the summer? Barefoot for sure!

hey. If you were going to be a artist what is the best shoes to wear? Footwear seems critically important.

Used to be Berkenstocks or Doc Martins. These days, probably some Chuck Taylors.

Indeed. You will get more likes on your feet selfies on Instagram if you're wearing Chucks.

Last edited:
Our local talk radio host is a "sandals and socks guy". He rides a bicycle too.

My arteest's soul cries.
Because of sandals and socks?

If it will help a bit, I once worked for a man who wore glasses in red frames. He also wore sandals and socks though. Sorry.

He actually thought he was some kind of artist, but he didn't even measure up to the "hack" mark.

More like a wannabe.

My arteest's soul cries.

Because of the angst, the weltschmertz, the mixed-up cacophony of people and beauty and sea...and oh, to capture it all for just a moment, oh the ephemera....!

And yes, the sandals and socks.

My arteest's soul cries.

If it will help a bit, I once worked for a man who wore glasses in red frames. He also wore sandals and socks though. Sorry.

He actually thought he was some kind of artist, but he didn't even measure up to the "hack" mark.

More like a wannabe.
That is of course what the majority of us all are. I don't see any van goghs around.

Because of the angst, the weltschmertz, the mixed-up cacophony of people and beauty and sea...and oh, to capture it all for just a moment, oh the ephemera....!
Hay! You rite nice, lady!

I'm a self -described artist... Funny how that tends to make others judge and H8.

Most reactions

Back