Bedroom to Dry Darkroom Conversion Project

There's a space for some sort of filter above the neg, but there's also a drawer under it for the 2½" square filters. The slider portion is missing, but I can still push the filters in and have fashioned a wire hook to pull them back out with.

Been looking for a paper safe, but MY GAWD everyone thinks they're made of gold instead of molded plastic. And then they want $30+ for shipping. INSANE!

I also need a good easel.

I have a sneaky suspicion that it will get used by someone else. I won't mention any names (*cough*Byron*cough*) here on the (*cough*Brant*cough*) forum, though.

That's you, Sparky ? You are as bold as my. Almost :black_eyed:
I don't have sound right now, but some questions. How many timers do you have ? You should have one, Gra-Lab the best, for timing development. You should agitate by rocking the tray and do not touch wet prints with your fingers until they are in the water, if you have to. You are transferring chemicals, that's one and eventually you will ruin print by smudging fixer or developer on dry paper when putting it under enlarger. Big bucket of water has own uses in dry darkroom; you can rinse your hands in case of mishap.
Later I will know, what you are talking about.

Two timers. One for the enlarger, and one on my smartphone for developing.

I didn't have to worry about chemicals on my fingers as this was the last print for the night.

Two timers. One for the enlarger, and one on my smartphone for developing.

I didn't have to worry about chemicals on my fingers as this was the last print for the night.
This is a lame excuse, man. Never ever. Who knows, you might develop allergy to metol.
So, for haw long you are souping prints in developer ?

Now I have a sound. Alright man, you are as crazy as my !
Put underneath the trays some plastic bag to guard from spills. With such a flapping of prints soon everything will be looking like speckled hen. :beguiled:

Um......... I didn't have a smartphone in 1974............ :048:

But my process is 60 seconds in the developer, 10 seconds in the stop bath, and 60 in the fixer (1+4).

Um......... I didn't have a smartphone in 1974............ :048:

But my process is 60 seconds in the developer, 10 seconds in the stop bath, and 60 in the fixer (1+4).
It seemed to me, that you were pulling my leg. :anonymous:
So, you doing that by the book. Well, you have Ilford RC paper, right ?

Well, 1 to 2 min for Ilford RC. I prefer less exposure and longer development to, but really doesn't matter, it's only Ilford RC.

Most reactions

Back