Bedroom to Dry Darkroom Conversion Project

Developing time depends on your mix ratio as well as the developer itself.

Developing time depends on your mix ratio as well as the developer itself.
Not with Ilford RC papers.

Ilford disagrees.

Ilford%20print%20times.jpg

Oh God ! I DIDN'T KNOW THAT !!
BS ! Ilford RC contain own developing agents in the emulsion. You can develop them in drain opener or TSP. No need for developer, keep your Bromophen for the real Ilford paper, the FB, where you can see the influence of different dev. formulas.
I bet you, now you think I am crazier than you.
Get this:
NEW Ultrafine VC ELITE Variable Contrast RC Paper - Traditional Black-and-White Photo Papers
or this:
Ultrafine Silver Eagle Fiber Base Varigrade - Traditional Black-and-White Photo Papers
Costs 2.5 times less than Ilford and it is 2.5 times better. Also contains dev agents in emulsion, but it is much more manageable and has better, thicker base and better tones.

I prefer to 'get' what I can 'get' locally. We have a real brick-n-mortar camera store here (two, actually, but one doesn't stock much, they just say 'we can order that for you'), and I'd rather they stay in business.

That's up to you. My local store doesn't want to be in the film business. Prices are ridicullous. And that is OK. I rather have good New York store serious about business, than local people, who treat me as annoyance.
And you ask them to get for you stuff you want and let see.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back