bee heaven

bogleric

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is not the sort of shot I normally take. I was travelling down the road and the vast field caught my attention as I was driving by. I stopped and got a few shots. Nothing that I am happy with, but was hoping someone might be able to give me some insight for a second attempt.

Thanks.

IMG_1360.jpg

IMG_1361.jpg

IMG_1362.jpg

Yes, the adjusted ones are better indeed!
I prefer the first with the deepest DOF to all the others because it shows so nicely how large this sunflower field is. Usually I am one for the close-ups, so some reason (unknown to me) I don't want it here here.

thanks for the comments. While taking these I was think that the closeups would be preferred. I suppose for that to be effect I would need get a close up almost macro like on the first row.

I do a lot of shots with the flash during the day to get a black background behind the subject; if it would be possible with a single one of these, that would make for a great contrast shot.

Nice photos. I would at least got one or two shots in f11 or f16. Would be cool if the whole feild was focused. Cool shot.

Maybe a large subject out in the field somewhere, thus using the field as a backdrop. Or dropping the camera position lower to below the level of the flowers & kicking out some plants to thin out the front edge, so that the close flowers would be prominent against the sky or trees, which would then show between the rest of the flowers (the reason for thinning them out).

I don't advocate beating up on someone's sunflower field, but maybe there would be a spot where they were naturally wider spaced...

Awesome sunflower field shots.. Top work!!!
I agree with lafoto about the one with the biggest DOF, I like it the best, but the others still rock!

thanks for the comments. I attempted to get some shots of the front row where they were more spaced out, however there were alot of other tall wildflowers that kept getting in the frame. They were nice flowers and I really did not want to trash them if someone had put them there. I would have take a couple of shots of them, but they really deservce a macro lens to do them justice.

Thanks again for the comments.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back