Bee Yourself

Canoncan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have not had a l lot of experience with insects or do not own a macro lens. this just presented itself while out walking.

bee.jpg

The DOF is good on this one. I have a hard time with shots like these too, without a macro lens. Every time I get close to a bee, it tends to take flight....hmm...where have I heard that before...and then I am out of there.
Cool shot Canoncan.!

Chiller said:
... I have a hard time with shots like these too, ...Every time I get close to a bee, it tends to take flight....hmm...where have I heard that before...

Could I have mentioned problems of the kind you are describing?
Or could you be referring to the big, black-feathered "bee" that keeps flying away the moment you want to take its photo???

Whichever wild animal there is: they don't want to stay even a second for me.
This morning, I went "hare-hunting" (with my camera only), no success, not a hare in sight this time (and I had the 300mm-lens with me this time!), and what ran or flew away from me, too fast for me to capture anything? A nice buck and a black (!) heron. Ah well.

So, Canoncan, you were lucky with this friendly bee, and you took a wonderful photo. The background looks kind of photoshopped to me, though, is this true, or is there something wrong with my eyes?

Most reactions

Back