beef that looks like chicken in stainless steel

redbourn

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
best-food.info
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Maybe trying to shoot inside a stainless steel pot is presently beyond my area of photographic expertise.

And I should have taken the photo yesterday before I ate half of it ;-)

To me, the beef stew looks like chicken.

It would make me crazy if I wasn't determined to stay strong.

I promise I'll get better!

What makes is worse is that many on Facebook like the terrible photo.

Are we living in an age of mediocrity ?
traditional beef stew.jpg

I agree it looks like chicken but it could be the sauce that's doing it. The yellow in the sauce/gravy looks to be what is masking the colour of the beef.

Yes, but sometimes people just hit the "like" button because it's a photograph.

Anyway, since this is not your best food forward, I'd take it down. You need to put up only the good shots.

Yes, but sometimes people just hit the "like" button because it's a photograph.

Anyway, since this is not your best food forward, I'd take it down. You need to put up only the good shots.

What is to be learned from putting up good shots?

Pats on the back?

I might be wrong but I prefer to put up failed shots thereby learning what went wrong.

Look, I have been watching your attempts at food photography fro quite a spell. There have been some really good suggestions and advice given in the course of those postings. What sticks out most in my mind is that although you follow up on some of the suggestions the next photo you post is done with no apparent pre-thought of the things you learned, or at least attempted previously. Are you going to simply continue to post shots, then have everyone else here solve your problems, and when that is done then print your cookbook: having never learned a single thing??

I don't mean here, I mean on Facebook.

I have over 2,000 followers on FB and want to have 5,000 before releasing my book.

When, I finish the photos ...
Look, I have been watching your attempts at food photography fro quite a spell. There have been some really good suggestions and advice given in the course of those postings. What sticks out most in my mind is that although you follow up on some of the suggestions the next photo you post is done with no apparent pre-thought of the things you learned, or at least attempted previously. Are you going to simply continue to post shots, then have everyone else here solve your problems, and when that is done then print your cookbook: having never learned a single thing??

Negative post ;-)

I can only learn by experimenting .. and learning ..

I am getting lots of help here and always try to express my appreciation.

Some things I can incorporate into a photo and some things not.

Every photo is different and sometimes I have the equipment and sometimes not.

Sometimes I buy the equipment and sometimes not.

Surely the idea of the forum is to learn from others who know more, and also from the mistakes that others make.

[QUOTE="redbourn, post: 3597425, member: 50612"
Surely the idea of the forum is to learn from others who know more, and also from the mistakes that others make.[/QUOTE]

To learn from....not to have your work done for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Not useable for anything but learned how to make the beef that looked like chicken more like beef :)

Always nice to learn !

Thanks for all the help.

traditional beef stew.jpg

Some likes you receive on FB will simply be about the dish and not the photo.

This dish looks tasty, but the photo would look better on a plate or in a bowl with some green garnish, flat bread, beverage, silverware, and a different background.

Try posting here for C&C prior to posting on FB and considering the amount of likes.

JMO

I've seen some totally awful selfies on FB. Every problem you can think of. But they still get "beautiful" and all that. It's the "friend" thing, not a true evaluation of the photograph itself.

Some likes you receive on FB will simply be about the dish and not the photo.

This dish looks tasty, but the photo would look better on a plate or in a bowl with some green garnish, flat bread, beverage, silverware, and a different background.

Try posting here for C&C prior to posting on FB and considering the amount of likes.

JMO

I see the most horrible photos on FB that get likes.

I'm kind of taking FB friends and followers on an adventure ride.

Showing them my wins and failures and getting them to comment on recipes.

Did they try them? How was it?

Is C&C - Creative Commons ?

I just looked it up.

I don't mind if people copy my photos or recipes because having them all in one place for about $14 hardcopy or $10 ebook will be so tempting ;-)

Will be selling a cookbook and not photos.

I actually modelled the the shot on one that I saw on Shutterstock but agree with your comments.

But am having a problem with almost every food photo now having sprigs of parsley or basil etc.

Am going to try getting the same contrast with vegetables if I can.

Thanks for your feedback.

I think @redbourn has helped me get better at my photography. His questions often get helpful solutions that help me, so I am grateful he posts here. I also think his pics have gotten progressively better, maybe not as fast as others but everyone learns at a different pace. Photography is hard in my opinion.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back