Been gone a while due to family issue, but with tragic results...

So Sorry to hear of your son Nancy. My deepest condolences and prayers.

It's a heart wrenching situation as you two loved him dearly.

Very sorry to hear this. :(

So sorry for your loss, and understand the pain you've gone through. Our son has gone through progressively worse scenarios since his discharge in 2010 with PTSD and a TBI injury from IED's. We've lost count of the number of times he's been hospitalized for overdoses. His last bout early this spring put him in a coma on a ventilator for several days. He's been in a VA hospital inpatient program ever since. We are hopeful though wary as he has already been through a string of programs.

He's been fortunate to survive, though so many haven't. The pain they relive daily in their mind causes them to seek out relief, to numb it with drugs and alcohol. As our son has said "to feel normal." Just know that as parents there really wasn't anything that you could have done differently.

Sending prayers for you and your family for healing, and prayers for your Vet that he has finally found peace.

Thank you for sharing. I will also pray for you and your family.
Thank your son for his service.

I'm so sorry to hear about this Nancy, brought tears to my eyes reading this. My condolences to you and your husband. Keep in touch with all of us on here.

So sorry to hear this Nancy.Wishing you the very best. I lost a son and realize it will never leave you but you will learn to cope and survive.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your son. I don't really know you, or you me. But I hope my message in some ways helps. May God be with you and your family in this time of need.

I'm killing time waiting for the Downeaster to take me to Boston and I read this again. There is no way I can say how sorry I am for your family. I can only hope time helps a little, but I suspect it will be difficult. Prayers and thoughts for you guys.

I am so very very sorry for your loss. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

Other than a couple of posts in Jan and May, I have not even snuck a peek at the forum due to family issue.

Well, it was our son. We have literally been baby sitting him for the last 7 months due to drug and alcohol addiction. He Overdosed on (Friday into) Saturday morning at 1:19 a.m.
We worried all day Saturday but hubby and I never said the words. He ALWAYS responded to the texts we sent asking are ou ok? He would respond "yes, don't worry home in a while" which usually meant I am in a state you can't know about. But he ALWAYS responded., but not all day Saturday. No credit card or bank transactions or phone activity after Friday night. ( I have access to all)

But we didn't know until Sunday 11 a.m. when we went to Police Dept, And they had a record of it.
He left Fri night at 9 when he got a text from a girl he had met 2-3 times, and we let him go with promises of behavior. It was rare we let him go out alone.

I texted him at 11 pm Friday and asked 'eta?' And he said 3 hrs.
Me: how about sooner? Response "ok, 2-3 hrs. I am not drinking and don't want to"
I responded with "glad :) "
2 people drove him to hospital in our truck,and 'vamoosed' is what police said.
And at 1:19a.m. He was gone

He had made soooo much progress and was off drugs for 5 months. We had a lot of great fun in between the binges. He and I were VERY close. Hubby was a great dad but more of the disciplinarian and harder for him to show the 'let's have a fun, no lesson learned' moment.

He was a Army Veteran and is being interred We'd 8/9, at National Veterans Cemetary in Bourne, Ma where we are for the summer. He was born in Boston on July 3, 1978 and loved his 1/2 Irish heritage and Boston. We feel he would be at home here.
We are broken..
So sorry for this tragic loss. Take comfort in knowing you did everything possible to help him, and don't let his addiction define him. You knew he was so much more.

So sorry to hear Nancy. It must be a very hard time for you and your family. All I can say is my heart goes out to you, I am sorry for your loss.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back