Been shooting for under a year, but feeling the groove! check it out..

austriker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dlindahlphotos.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
so i have been shooting for a year, using d40 with 18-55mm kit lens and 50mm f/1.8 that i got for christmas last year. i love my d40 but really feel the need to upgrade, either to the d200 or d90.. i cant decide, i like the d200s body layout and quick access buttons but the d90 has great ISO performance which i like for sports and such.. anyways check out some of my work, maybe a lil C&C would be sweet too!

1. Boat

3921705654_ba08474068.jpg

2. HObi house
3902729262_32ab03fb84.jpg

3. Delicate Arch
3809549665_534e4227eb.jpg

4. Grand Canyon Sunset
3783765028_a078858346.jpg

5. Post office, this one needs to be a bit re-edited, like recentered..
3457367794_76e14f863b.jpg

what you guys think?

The shot of the Grand Canyon is gorgeous.

I just got the D90 two days ago and love it. My last Nikon was the D60 which is a great camera for the money. Stick with Nikon to continue what your familiar with. The 90 has plenty to offer before stepping up to the tripple digit bodies.

i wanted to add one, one i love.. sorry...
3424331710_66f8335dfa.jpg

ps- im know im not really good but id like to think im improving! there are just soo many amazing photographers out there!

The shot of the Grand Canyon is gorgeous.

thanks!

I just got the D90 two days ago and love it. My last Nikon was the D60 which is a great camera for the money. Stick with Nikon to continue what your familiar with. The 90 has plenty to offer before stepping up to the tripple digit bodies.

well actually the d200 is cheaper. if i wait for a reallly good deal i can get it for around $500 on ebay. i actually found one on craigslist this summer for $500 even but by the time i emailed him, it was already sold! bummer, i didnt realize how good of deal it was (and still is!!) i should not have taken my time..

im kinda pesismistic in going for a d90 b/c i like the sturdy body of a d200 and how you can assign all sorts of hot keys, which i hate going through the menus on the d40 to change stuff. also i like the d200 more b/c it is more old school, none of this video and live view stuff which i feel just aint really photography. although ill admit it would be sweet to shoot videos on it lol. and id like to save that liek $400 and get a nice lens for sports or something...

i wish i could demo each for like a few weeks...

Great work with a D40. I can really tell the amount of attention, skill, and time you put into your work. Good job at composition, keeping things even with the frame, and exposure. Nice nice work. Love the grand canyon one and the building shot.

Well done! My favourite - picture 3 & 4

Some nice shots there, especially the Grand Canyon one.

D90 > D200

Go for the D90 without a doubt, I considered it an upgrade myself. I've had the D40, D60, D80, D200 and D90 - I say D90 all the way.

You have some really great shots in there. I like the tones and composition in pretty much all of them.

Keep it up!!!

Very nice work and I like them all, but I have to say that I like the last one {yellow house} the best. It just seems to make a statement and I like that in a photo.

Very nice work and I like them all, but I have to say that I like the last one {yellow house} the best. It just seems to make a statement and I like that in a photo.

thanks! unfortunately im having troubles finding that original.. i edited it in our computer lab (im a college kid) and so i think its on my student drive but im not sure.. its driving me nuts b/c i want to make prints of it. i love it!

Some very nice pictures.. You have a good eye and PP is nice.

Most reactions

Back