Been thinking about upgrading

Bluffkin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all,

Been thinking about upgrading from my Nikon D7000 to a Nikon D610. Always wanted to go full frame, but not too sure if my lenses are FX. I'll have to double check. Are their specific DX lenses? Never really seen it.

I want to shoot more low light situations, like concerts etc, and really want to get into portrait work, so the great image quality works out well.

Also, in the UK we have a promotion that if we buy one, we get a free nikon battery grip.

What do you think guys and girls? Do I just want a new toy, or is it the right move to take my photography further?

Cheers!

Steve

Hey all,

Been thinking about upgrading from my Nikon D7000 to a Nikon D610. Always wanted to go full frame, but not too sure if my lenses are FX. I'll have to double check. Are their specific DX lenses? Never really seen it.

I want to shoot more low light situations, like concerts etc, and really want to get into portrait work, so the great image quality works out well.

Also, in the UK we have a promotion that if we buy one, we get a free nikon battery grip.

What do you think guys and girls? Do I just want a new toy, or is it the right move to take my photography further?

Cheers!

Steve

Judging by your 2nd sentence,I'd say you just want a new toy.
And there's nothing wrong with that.

I Totally loved my move from a d7000 to a d600 (610). I still have the d7000 but barely use it anymore. the 600 is just nicer all around.

Even in cropping I'm tending to like having to crop alot more but I like the picture quality better (becz it's not A/B though it could also be becz I'm better at photography too)

I had bought all AF-D lenses which are all FX lenses after the kit d7000. So I was all set for the stepup. The lenses should have a "DX" in the nomenclature somewhere if it was a DX specific lens.

It was the BEST TOY upgrade I've done.
I mean TOOL .. yes, T -O - O - L Upgrade!!

Also, I love using the 85mm lens. When I was using the 85 on my crop in my basement .. you know, ppl would just say take a step back. Right .. take a step through a concrete wall into 8 feet of dirt. No more space problems in my home basement studio with a FX .. well, not as tight. I've learned, the more space the better and wouldn't mind a real studio .. but for tinkering around I'm all set with my Toy, I mean T - o - o - l ... I messed up again lol

Hahaha! Made me laugh! A 610 should last me a long time.. And the free battery grip is such a bonus!

Hahaha! Made me laugh! A 610 should last me a long time.. And the free battery grip is such a bonus!
The grip is great with the vertical portraits you can easily take.
Add another battery and you can shoot all day, no problem.

Get the D610 and dont look back!!!
The low light performance on Nikon FX cameras will blow your mind!!!

Get the D610 and dont look back!!!
The low light performance on Nikon FX cameras will blow your mind!!!
Totally agree. Many ppl will say the low light difference from a DX to a FX isn't much. But it is, it really is.

All the low light advancements that DX cameras get .. guess what .. so does the FX get those same or better advancements.

So Jessops have told me they will give me £239 for my D7000 body, boxed. I think that's better than I hoped for. Now just got to win the Mrs round...

you're opening a can of worms :p

the 70-300 will effectivally be 1.5x wider on the FX body compared to what you're used to.

so if you're used to only needing to zoom in to 200mm for a particular shot, youll need to zoom all the way to 300mm on the fx.

So I got a tasty pay check this month.

The deal with the free Nikon battery grip ends in Feb, so I was going to wait to see if the Jan sales knocked it down at all.

In your experience, do you see the prices fall much on events like "January Sales" etc. The Camera is also going to come with a free 32GB Sandisk SD.

Most reactions

Back