Beer Lovers

o hey tyler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So from a quite lengthy hiatus, I have become much in love with local beer culture around me.

I would be interested in having a thread continue on with beer reviews of local breweries from your neck of the woods (not just mine).

Being here in Maine makes it quite accessible to get world class beer right in my backyard. But, I want to see what the rest of the US has to offer through the eyes of a beer enthusiast like myself.

Recently I got a 5D Mark III, I happen to really enjoy that as well.

Foundation-8988.jpg

Foundation-8991.jpg

These are just some quick shots I took of some Foundation Brewing Company Burnside Brown Ale.

The beer has high drinkability, notes of coffee and malt very smooth and round. Clean, crisp finish.

Gary that's likely because you are not up to speed with the fact that craft beer can be found in a can more and more prominently.

Gary that's likely because you are not up to speed with the fact that craft beer can be found in a can more and more prominently.
Lol cool tapatalk created me a new profile.

Arrogant Bastard Ale.jpg

Cans aren't worthy to contain Arrogant Bastard Ale either.

Loving Sierra nevada torpedo.

I'm a HUGE fan of Samuel Smith's Organic Chocolate Stout. Really good stuff.

We have a larget amount of local craft beers here in the Austin area. I love sampling any of them I can get my hands on. I still find myself buying the cheap stuff from time to time too. Particularly Lone Star Beer. Sometimes it just hits the spot.

We've got Captain Lawrence (Captain Lawrence Brewing Company) that's been doing really well. It's definitely gotten more common in the area - don't know how far afield it's gone. There's also Peekskill Brewery (Peekskill Brewery) that's starting to gain a little bit of ground. Nice pub, too.

Last edited:
One of my favorites is Hangar 24. It is in Redlands, California, surrounded by orange groves ... consequently some of their brews contain oranges ... and they are absolutely delish.

GRAA0631.jpg

One of, if not the best beer that has caressed my taste buds.

Not able to comment on local breweries as they would all be in Japanese and I couldn't navigate my way through one if I tried. However, they do this thing here where they take beer and freeze it and add it to beer so that you end up with this ice cold beer with a frozen slushy head. Extremely good on a hot day.

Back home, my all-time favorite beer is Black Butte Porter by Deschutes Brewery. So good once it hits your lips.

Hop Nosh IPA by Uinta is pretty good as well. Been on a really big IPA kick.

I did have some Old Rasputin Imperial Stout by North Coast Brewing which was good but almost too strong @ 9% ABV

Local for me is Oak Pond Brewing and their Nut brown Ale is very good. Oak Pond Brewing Co.

Not able to comment on local breweries as they would all be in Japanese and I couldn't navigate my way through one if I tried. However, they do this thing here where they take beer and freeze it and add it to beer so that you end up with this ice cold beer with a frozen slushy head. Extremely good on a hot day.

Back home, my all-time favorite beer is Black Butte Porter by Deschutes Brewery. So good once it hits your lips.
You from the Pdx area?

Most reactions

Back