Beer + Photoshop: I want your opinion

RushNP774

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dotnetplace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got bored and took this picture of a bottle of one of my favorite beers, Michelob Amber Bock. It was pitch black outside and the lighting was minimal inside (fluorescent light in the kitchen, 100w overhead in the dining room). I just got Photoshop CS3 and want to play around with it.

AmberBock.jpg

While this isn't a contest per se, I'd really love to see what people could do in PS to this image to make it look more dynamic, interesting, better quality etc. I just want to get some ideas about the kinds of modifications Photoshop could do to this subpar image.

cool thread idea. Here's a quick edit I did.

I started with adjusting the levels, then the color balance, the brightness/contrast, and the shadow/highlights. At one point I selected the bottle with the magnetic lasso and inverted the selection so that everything but the bottle was selected. I think I adjusted the levels and the shadows/highlights this way.

Here's mine. Levels/contrast/hue/saturation/shadows/highlights. Agreed, a cool thread idea.

AmberBock.jpg

haha
2lizn1h.jpg

duplicated background, sharpened mask and set the layer to hard light, auto color, adjusted the curves, and sharpened edges

This is fun. Had to have another go. Started with the one in my previous post, made a new layer out of the background, converted it to B&W, did some levels/contrast/etc on it.

AmberBockcopy.jpg

Photoshop is wasted on images that are sub-par to begin with.

This thread just proved my point.

I did my best.....

:mrgreen:

2932615173_58751433d2_o.jpg

cool thread idea. Here's a quick edit I did.

I started with adjusting the levels, then the color balance, the brightness/contrast, and the shadow/highlights. At one point I selected the bottle with the magnetic lasso and inverted the selection so that everything but the bottle was selected. I think I adjusted the levels and the shadows/highlights this way.

I like this one

What is the rolled up piece of paper for?

Photoshop is wasted on images that are sub-par to begin with.

This thread just proved my point.

[expletive deleted] you.

While I like the general composition, you should be more careful not to tilt the horizon.

:p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back