Before & After edit C&C

Toller

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Was wondering if I'm going in the right direction with this, my first effort...

1.Before
IMG_9804.jpg

2. After
DPP_0001.jpg

Just done a little tweeking...though I thought I cloned out the holes in the leaf:meh: Trying to familiarize myself with the various tools.
Do you think it..looks better
What would you suggest.
Thank you

mmmm you made the yellow not pop out in the second one I think the yellow in the first with the rest of everything else in the second photo would look perfect, it also needs something......hmmmm keep playing around my friend, would you like me to try some editing to it?

ER111a ..Feel free to do what you like. I'm alway interested to see other ideas.

M.. thanks I'll have a look. Though actually here they don't grow wild. I have a small selection in the garden - lovely plants.

I think the flower itself is fine, its just a horrible background, but one that can easily be edited in photoshop (its a solid color). I am usually against changing backgrounds, but in this case, it would be quite difficult to work with a flat yellow background. This is what I came up with in about 2 mins, so the selections aren't perfect, and neither is the background, but you can play with it to get it looking more natural (aka outdoor background blur).

DPP_0001.jpg

Steps I took:
1. Duplicate Layer, make selection out of background, mask background in top layer.
2. Render Clouds in Bottom Layer (Primary Color Green, Secondary Yellow)
3. Add Lens Blur to your needs on Bottom Layers
4. Add Slight Noise to Background
5. Adjust levels on background
6. Adjust levels on Flower to suit background.

While it doesn't look perfect, with a bit of work to blend the background/flower better it could work better. Right now it screams "photoshopped", but it could be done naturally. Always aim to do it in camera though.

Steve

the second one feels more flat. the first one pops more. I actually like the vertical line on the background and the more yellow background helps the flower stand out more than the yellow-green

I'm betting you added more green to the edited photo

Such different approaches...

Steve...like the green 'bokeh'. Gives a less posed look to my shot. Thanks for the recipe.:thumbup:

KmH This is very punchy. I guess it's closer to what I was trying to achieve.

...and yes I was playing with various settings(..and unsetting), and had tweeked all the colours.

One of my issues was the colour shadow on the righthand side. I noticed it was lessened with the increase of green. Though I'd choosen the soft yellow background as I thought it complemented the colour of the flower/anthers the best. The green stripe on the side is a second coloured card used to take light from that side and create a darker edge on the stem...didn't have black card(YET). It was an idea I'd got from a photo mag.

Most reactions

Back