Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Comments and critique are very welcome.

Before:

LamponthewallOriginal.jpg

After:

Lamponthewall2.jpg

i like what you have done with this shot, only small detail is the top end of the lamp seems like it should be darker like the top of your shot... if you know what i mean
hope it helps.

i like what you have done with this shot, only small detail is the top end of the lamp seems like it should be darker like the top of your shot... if you know what i mean
hope it helps.

No, I definitely see what you mean. Thanks for the suggestion :thumbup:

certainly gives the shot a lot more 'character' than the original - good job

I think the contrast is maybe a bit to much, the shot is much improved in the second one.
The lightness extends to far above the light in the back....but that is just being picky.
Nice effort, looks like fun.

Excellent processing.
Do you care to share how you did it?

Took a nice photo and made it into a wow photo IMO.

Excellent processing.
Do you care to share how you did it?

Took a nice photo and made it into a wow photo IMO.

Thanks for the feedback :)

As far as steps taken I will do my best to describe it.

1. I imported the RAW file into Lightroom2 and adjusted levels such as Exposure, Clarity, Saturation, Blacks, etc. I also added vignetting to darken the corners up.

2. Then I imported that file into Photoshop CS4 where I created a blue gradient on the upper half to make it look more like night time.

3. I used the "Outer Glow" and "Inner Glow" fx options to help make the light bulb look lit.

4. I used the dodge and burn tools to make the vines look more prominent

5. Then I added 3 adjustment layers. "Color Balance" (used to help tone the photo with the colors I wanted. "Curves" (used to manipulate the overall color information of the shot. This is a good adjustment layer to experiment with), and then "Brightness & Contrast".

5. Finally I added a blue box that covered the entire image, I dropped the opacity to 10% and changed the blending option to exclusion. This helped create the nighttime feel as well.

I hope that was helpful. The shot still needs a bit of work, but I'm pleased with the transformation thus far.

great PP! looks really good

Most reactions

Back