Before & After

AIRIC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.airic.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Looking for some feedback on this edited photo. I generally don’t really do to much in PS to alter the image but in this one I have done a little more and I’m just looking for some feedback on the finished result.

The first image is straight out of the camera.

owl.jpg

owladj.jpg

Thanks and looking forward to your comments.

Eric

I like the edit. It's almost too sharp, but I think that's only after looking at and comparing it to #1. If I look away for a couple secs then look back, that does the trick :thumbup:

I agree with both woodsac and raymond, maybe a little too sharp and cropped too much, but I think the exposure (brightness/contrast) adjustments look great

As long as you don't compare the PSed version with the original, you will think: Whoa, how crisp and clear this one is! All the feathers around the eye are clearly to be seen in the way they grow in a circle round the eye and pointing towards the beak.
So I think without the before photo the edited version would not appear to be too sharp. I quite like it, plus I like the moderate exposure adjustments and the crop. Both help the photo a lot.

Thanks all for the very constructive criticism, it is exactly what I was looking for. I find bird feathers and fir very hard to make look sharp. There is also a little soft glow in there to and soften things.

Eric

I gotta agree with everyone Airic. The first has a soft feel to it, but if you go away, and come back, and just look at the second, that one looks great. But if you compare them together, the second looks oversharpened. It might be the cheap monitor I have out back here, but the eye does not look real in the second pic. Gotta be this monitor I think.

I like the second one better. I like the crisp look to it. The eyes pop more compared to the original version.

I prefer the 2nd shot in terms of sharpness/brightness and the crop of the first shot. I'm not technically inclined, I just tend to like sharper images is all. Cool editing IMO

I like the added contrast and sharpness in the second, however I would have cropped in from the left and got rid of the distracting red in the BG.
Beautiful shot tho eric. :D

I don't like the crispness of the feathers in the second one... only because I have cared for a lot of these owls and I know that thier feathers are naturally soft. I do like your crop/contrast changes though! :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back