Before and After the storm

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Brief explanation: This is our beloved Christmas giraffe Geoffrey. This year I used several extra deep landscape stakes to keep him from his usual drunken weaving. The downside is that he is completely frozen in place and will have to stay up until Spring while his pals play cards up in the attic.

Before.jpg

During2.jpg

uh oh, looks like he is sinking..

Not sinking! Three of us tried to move him a few weeks ago and he is not going anywhere for a while. Going to slap a Patriots hat and tshirt on him next weekend and maybe dress him up for Valentine's and St. Patrick's Day if we don't get a thaw.

Not sinking! Three of us tried to move him a few weeks ago and he is not going anywhere for a while. Going to slap a Patriots hat and tshirt on him next weekend and maybe dress him up for Valentine's and St. Patrick's Day if we don't get a thaw.
i dunno. we have more snow coming monday, and again later next week. you get some of that where you are it may be over his head. Have to get him a straw or something to breathe with the poor fella.

But I heard on the news that Boston got really dumped on; your photo says it is not so.
Ron, you know how the news people exaggerate everything.

Our town got 22 inches. We're about 2 miles from the coast and just north of Boston. It is amazing how much this storm varied even from one side of Boston to another. South Boston got 3 ft, that's about 10 miles from me.

@Forkie my nephew, who lives with me, is obsessed with giraffes and we got Geoffrey for him when he was younger. Now it's a tradition. We are the giraffe house.

I don't know how you yanks live in that crappy weather lol!! I'm out and about today in 80 degree weather!!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422483461.425217.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

Ugh. You sound like all my FL relatives who like to "complain" (brag) that it was so cold they had to wear pants. I'm glad you're having nice weather but stfu about it, lol.

And isn't Oklahoma cold in winter? I've never been...

Oh yeah, we can be either/or but never neither/nor lol!! We've just had a really nice spell the last 4 days. Back to 40's by Friday I think.

I don't know how you yanks live in that crappy weather lol!! I'm out and about today in 80 degree weather!!!

View attachment 94309

builds character, you know chopping wood, white knuckles on the steering wheel, trapped in your house because the road isn't plowed, shivering, wondering if you will have power or not. You know, that kind of thing.

Character?! Sounds like death! Lol

Most reactions

Back