Before and After thread!

Forkie

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.ianforknall.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So, I did a search and I couldn't find any before and after threads. Maybe I didn't look very hard, but life is short.

I'd like to see a thread of people's shots SOOC and the finished, edited image side by side.

I'm always fascinated by people's visions for their photographs. When I'm photographing people and showing them some of the shots on the back of the camera, flicking through the shots I see the finished image rather than what the camera screen shows, but the model obviously can't see the same thing as me. I find that really interesting and fun.

Feel free to share your processing workflow if you wish, but I don't think it's required for this. It would be interesting though, to know whether what you ended up with was what you originally envisioned or if your editing process aimlessly led you naturally to the finished article - because sometimes, we don't always know what we're going to do with an image until we start editing it and it develops over the duration of the process.

The edit can be as extreme or simple as you like. It could be a composite of 10 images or simply be colour correction or just cropping, because most of the time, that's all that's needed!

I'll start us off.

beforeafter.jpg

I'd wanted to photograph Meriel for ages. I wanted to photograph her red hair and really make it pop in the final image. I took lots of photos of her that day (around 800) and I'm not even sure this is the best of the bunch, but I particularly liked her expression in this - it gives a kind of fiery, "You don't even know what you're dealing with!" kind of look.

Last edited:
Had to reduce quality as my file size was too big (i'm new around here, this is my first post and i have no idea what the limit is?)

Anyway, went a bit over the top with this one. Was only a mess about though.

IMG_0084 (2)-2.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

It is :biggrin:

Last edited:
Pretty simple BW conversion. Clarity was boosted for dramatic effect and that it's going to be in a movie that will be played through a projector.

BA.jpg

that was a nice edit brain... im impressed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back