BEFORE AND AFTER ""

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok lets set this up, First I have several shots that I am doing in a 4 season theme, so my question is does this subject work for you, and how do you feel on the lighting on the Spring shot here...

Vermont doesn't offer much for spring other then mud lol,, so this I settled for, just a shot showing some new life in the surroundings..

So, comments and critique on anything in these pics appreciated...

Winter shot done during snow storm, so camera in the bag lol..

snowbarn.jpg

barnours.jpg

it is a pity you lost the sky in the first one, but it is a great idea and well done :)

The spring image seems a lot better technically though, especially exposure / contrast.

haveing the EXACT same position, focal length and camera direction would add a lot ... but that is not easy to achieve, i know :)

Ah but Alex shouldn't they look differnt. It's like the photos for the weight loss people. The before always looks like sin... poor hair ... poor make up... lousy posture...... then amazingly they the fataway pill fixed her hair did her makeup straighted her teeth and spine. As well as shedding twenty pounds how dramatic.

Ah but Alex shouldn't they look differnt. It's like the photos for the weight loss people. The before always looks like sin... poor hair ... poor make up... lousy posture...... then amazingly they the fataway pill fixed her hair did her makeup straighted her teeth and spine. As well as shedding twenty pounds how dramatic.

Yes, I always laugh out loud when I see those comparisons ... it is amazing what haircut, makeup, pose and smile can do ;) .. you hardly realise they lost weight ... ;)

Actually I think that much of the curse of the leaden sky in the first can be removed by just cropping a little closer and sacrificing some of the barn door to the left. (same aspect ratio)

That will also bring you closer to the view in the second.
Suggested crop sent by PM

i like the first one, for some reason i find the second one annoying to look at

Thanks Silver... appreciate your views,,, annoying to look at , hmmm? thats different ..... but again thanks for leaving a comment..

So I assume they are both HDR-photos?
And in that tend to have those sharp, almost colour-pencil-like lines?

White winter skies ... they are very normal and that is why I find the white sky plausible in the first, while I don't necessarily find the sharpness of the wood and the texture "normal" ... but normal for HDR, of course (while the technique fascinates me to no end, I am also and and the same time struggling with it - inside and in fact ;) ).

That said, I must say I quite LIKE the first of these two, I like the atmosphere, contrast between the brown of the wooden huts and the dark colours of everything there and the white of the snow and sky, I like how on the right the photo almost gets lost in nothingness by the falling snow which acts like fog back there, and I like the timeless feel about everything here.

The spring photo, on the other hand, also HDR, I assume?, is so soft, as if you had applied NeatImage to it and consequently lost something in the anti-noise process? It is a lot less stark - though I do admit the sky is nice in that one.

I am working on an all-seasons view of a walkway nearby and find it most challenging to always again find the same spot! :D

i like the first one, for some reason i find the second one annoying to look at

This is an interesting opinion... Why you ask? because it strikes pretty close to home for me. I am basically a pretty morose person. The bright and cheerful things in life often depress me. So I make fun of them as a defense mechanism. I tend to like the dark and sinister sides of life. But in images I tend to swing both ways dark and sinister in landscapes but bright and cheerful in portraits.

MY GOD IS THERE A THEROPIST IN THE HOUSE.

La Foto... hey thanks... but NO these are not HDR, really know nothing about that process .. still finding my way around PS ...lol only been doing that a few months...

mysteryscribe... LOL... Why do I always have to read over your replies three or four times before they sink in ..lol..... must be that philosopher in you??

Did you say you had a book out?? Wow bet that would loose me totally lol

Title????

But then, without HDR ... how? How did you get the texture, brightness, clarity out of the wood along with the overwhelming whiteness of the snow? :scratch:
Do you throw a lasso tool around parts and highlight them separately (which is what I do) - and did you later also apply USM to those parts only?

La Foto... no lasso either... all I ever do is the easy stuff

Contrast brightness/ sharpen/ color sat/ unsharp mask and levels.. thats all I know lol...

and thanks everyone for the crop ideas, but think I'm gonna let this one ride as is...

More great pics, I love the color in the second one. I can't help but wonder how it would look if you could get the same position of the barn in both pics. If you don't mind my asking what camera/lens were these taken with?

Thanks Moe... Know what your saying about exact, but hmmmmmmm what can I say, just hoping to get close lol...

Camera Nikon 8700 lens Nikkor 35 to 280 ... 135 equivalent

Most reactions

Back