Before I even touch it...

Discussion in 'Graphics Programs and Photo Gallery' started by NicholsonPhotography, Jan 13, 2008.

1. NicholsonPhotography

NicholsonPhotography TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I was not allowed to use a flash during the baptism service, and this is what I have. I used Shutter Priority, ISO 1600, and Shutterspeed 40. I would like advice and how to edit before I start messing with, and I would also like c&c. Should I have set my camera up differently? I do think I should have had my tripod higher (I had to change positions at the last minute b/c they all turned their backs to me!). I would also like recommendations on a good noise reduction program.

Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. jstuedle

jstuedle No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I would first correct the white balance. A crop to eliminate the shoulder on lower left and light switch and conduit on right. Without seeing the full size pic, I can't tell if it really needs N.R. If you adjust contrast and use curves that might make noise more pronounced, as will sharpening. If it's say a 6 MP file or larger and just printing up to 5X7, noise reduction might not be needed.

3. NicholsonPhotography

NicholsonPhotography TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    How's this? I just adjusted the levels, not the curves. It's only grainy in large scale...I'll worry about that if they decide to print it larger. Any other suggestions?
    [​IMG]

4. dkf10425

dkf10425 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Ran through Neat Image for noise removal. Cloned out area on left. Levels adjustment layer. Selective color adjustment layer. Curves adjustment layer. I Could have played around with the color to get better, but I did this in 5 minutes.

Click thumbnail. I use Image Venue because photo bucket sucks. When image opens on Image Venue click again to see original size.
    [​IMG]