Before Internationals Were Red

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Stumbled across this 8-16 series International tractor in the bowels of the Ralph Foster Museum on the campus of the Lake Of The Ozarks College. I wasn't excepting to find such a diverse collection that I didn't take much in equipment with me. No flash, poor lighting and lack of room made for a grainy photo but it was something I've never seen before, and found it interesting. I couldn't find the exact build date, but according to the tag they quit building the series in 1922.

IMGP1336.jpg

Very cool; an 8-16 Kerosene model. I've never seen that hood before. I wonder if that's an early production model, a prototype, or a home-built replacement.

Very cool; an 8-16 Kerosene model. I've never seen that hood before. I wonder if that's an early production model, a prototype, or a home-built replacement.

The corners and rivets in the hood didn't look homebuilt, and an Internet search on that model showed a similar style hood.

The corners and rivets in the hood didn't look homebuilt, and an Internet search on that model showed a similar style hood.
Really? Could you post a link?

Good eye. I went back to the links I had looked at and the hood is different. I was concentrating on the write up only glancing at the photo. Now I'm curious.

I missed the "International" logo on the hood front earlier; that makes it fairly certain in my mind that this is an as factory-built unit, and must be an early production or prototype hood. Very reminiscent of early Mack vehicles.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back