Before the storm....

Antarctican

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The old sailor's adage "Red sky night, sailor's delight, but red sky morning, sailor's warning" in relation to weather was accurate today. This was the beautiful sunrise this morning. By noon we had a storm system come through with very high winds and heavy snowfall, which has now turned to freezing rain. [I may try to post a pic of the snowstorm (or its aftermath) later.]

img3257rzp2.jpg

Comments and tips are most welcome. I didn't do anything to this in photoshop other than auto levels. What else should I try?

to the picture itself, nothing. Colours, levels etc look good to me.
Maybe a black frame?

BTW this is getting nominated as soon as I can

:thumbup:

I love the colors, maybe a small crop off the top, and a black border, as LP said?

Good work overall, Anty.

img3257rzp2.jpg

I'm not even sure I like this edit, but thought I'd post anyway. I'm terrible with borders.

Those are some amazing colors!

Look at you, shooting in the middle of the week, well done. It took me awhile to realize it was the Islands. The lights threw me off. Can’t wait to see more.

Eric

just lovely

Thanks everyone for your great comments!

And here's the pic of what the snowstorm looked like a few hours after the sunrise (the picture can't capture the high window-rattling winds whipping the snow around). The picture is taken from the same spot as the sunrise picture, but not quite at the same angle

dscn1542ryf5.jpg

Looks more like you haven't cleaned your windows in a while ;-)

good stuff anty... like colours in the first.... and the second, well that looks way too cold for me.... such deep snow! :thumbup:

that looks way too cold for me.... such deep snow! :thumbup:
That ain't deep! We had about 8 inches fall, max.
snow.gif

It has mostly melted now, as the snow was followed by freezing rain, and then rain

Most reactions

New Topics

Back