3216275889a3812010813b550712419l.jpg

Flight
3216275889a3812010922b650584873l.jpg

Abbey
3216275889a3812011050b585974002l.jpg

Bird
bird.jpg

Tips, Edits or Oppinions Please :)

What kind of effects were you going for?

The last image, I think, is the strongest one. Are those streaks in the lower left reflections in a pane of glass? If so, you might try a polarizer in that type of situation if your camera will accept them. Polarizers can frequently all but eliminate reflections altogether.

Yeah they are was taken out of a van window as we drove past.

I tried to do a kind of ghost shot but it came out wrong.

I agree the last one is the strongest.

However, as as said, the glass ruins the shot.. also to get it really good you often need more time than just doing it while driving past :)

The flight one just needs more contrast I'd guess

the flooded park ... hmm, cannot see where this images really draws my eye to ...

the car shows, that your camera is able to focus and reproduce colour. not an easy scene to get anything interesting out.

you are UK-based?

Photography is skill and art mixed together and impelled by vision. It is important that you learn to be able to record what your mind sees. So you have to be able to understand what elements of the scene in front of you actually need to be captured and then you have to build up the skills to do that.

It is very difficult at the beginning but the important thing is to take lots of pictures, but for each picture, try to understand what you are trying to capture. Eventually your skill will catch up to your artistic vision.

Just don't mistake the occasional lucky accident for total ability; none of us is that good. If my 'keepers' ever get more than 5%, I'll be happy.

Out of your 4, I like this one best. Nice geometric pattern and the capture of the bird in flight. Soothing, appropriate colors. Focus is off, but the idea is wonderful.

(I didlled with it some, hope you don't mind)

birdmu2.jpg

Thanks for the tips/oppinions :)

Alex- Yes I am uk based, The flood shot im not really sure what i was going for either i just saw the flooded park and thought id take a pic. The abbey was on the way home from work one night lol.
Traveler- No I dont mind, I tryed to add abit more colour in photoshop

I played with 4 as well ... as I said it has potential!

here is my first attempt:

flight.jpg

and here comes the second:

flight2.jpg

Alex you shoot in the west country? Where abouts cus ive been trying to figure out some good locations just to start.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back