beginner c&c trees by river

fwellers

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.fwellers.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not much to shoot today, at least for my untrained eye. Couldn't get down to the river because of the mud, but I tried to find some perspective and take a decent picture or two.
Can you tell me if any of these are worth a darn ? Or if any of them can be worth a darn if I compose them differently ?
Anything else glaringly wrong with them ?

Thanks,
Floyd

p1034259028-3.jpg

p576589053-3.jpg

p576589053-3.jpg

i like the colours in the last one. the composition has a some problems but nothing to major. For instance if you were a little further back you could got the whole bench in and aplied the rule of thirds. If this place is easy for you to get to try shooting just the trees and the reflection on the other side of the river. that would make a very nice pictures. keep shootin its ganna go somewhere.

Yep, the glare. Okay, seriously, the images themselves aren't bad but the bright skies kill them. A polarizing filter isn't really an option here as you'd have lost the reflections in the river which are important, but a graduated neutral density filter would have really made the skies pop.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

Thanks !
I'll have to load up the originals back from the camera. For these, I used picasa to crop them, and also to adjust the colors. I didn't save the originals, but they are on the camera still. So I had the whole bench, but took it out.
The colors, hues, sharpness contrast and all that stuff, are so hit and miss for me.
Thanks for your words of encouragement.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back