Beginner camera?

Dubie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm new at this and have a Nikon n60 which I borrowed permanently from my brother. It has a Quantaray 28-80mmD lens. It's all greek to me though. I plan on taking classes this fall at a community college. Is this a good camera to start with? And what type of lens would I use if I wanted to take pics at a long distance but zoom in close? I take both black and white and color.

I didn't have a case for it so I was looking on ebay and I was finding the camera, lens and case for really cheap. In fact, I was finding lots of accessories but don't know where to start.

I'd like to take courses to get me familiar then go from there. I have also been told for what I like to do a medium format is good to.

and can anybody recommend a good book to start with. Like Photography for dummies kind of stuff! lol

~Melissa~

Welcome to the forum.

'Understanding Exposure' by Brian Peterson is often recommended as a good place to start. Check out your local book shot or library...there are many photography books that cover the basics.

As for accesories, I would suggest a tripod be one of the first.

Medium format is great...but it requires a different camera, different lenses and bigger film than what you are using now. The equipment is getting cheaper everyday but it's still not cheap.

Thanks Mike. I will check that book out.

I just wish I had not have missed the boat years ago. I guess it's never too late.

Than God for ebay! :wink:

Most reactions

Back